📖 Table of Contents
A Scrumptious Fusion of Apricot Jam and Puff Pastry: Apricot Jam Pastry Turnovers
Embark on a culinary adventure with the irresistible delights of apricot jam pastry turnovers, which combine the perfect harmony of flaky puff pastry, sumptuous apricot jam, and pure bliss!
➡️ Searching for homemade jam pastry turnovers in 2024? On this webpage, you can learn how to make apricot jam turnovers from scratch in 5 steps at home. Jam turnovers are among the most appreciated desserts these days because they have several characteristics that make them irresistible, namely, they are very tasty, they are easy and quick to prepare, and, last but not least, they don’t cost a fortune to make at home.
How to Make Jam Pastry Turnovers from Scratch
Healthy Desserts Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious and healthy dessert recipes, look no further than the “Healthy Desserts: A Low-Calorie Desserts Cookbook” cookbook.
Apricot Jam Pastry Turnovers with Puff Pastry
- 14/400 oz/g puff pastry, bought or homemade
- some fruit jam like apricot jam (homemade, preferably without gelatin or other preservatives)
- some powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- unfold the puff pastry dough from the packaging and cut squares with the side of about 10 cm/4 inches
- put a teaspoon of apricot jam on each dough square
- bend the dough squares, gently press the edge in two points without completely sealing it, then place the puff pastry turnovers in a baking tray so that there remains some space between them
- put the tray in the preheated oven at 250 C/480 F and wait until the pastry is golden brown on top (about 10-15 minutes)
- wait for the jam turnovers to cool completely, then sprinkle over powdered sugar in abundance (optional)
- Begin with Quality Ingredients: When it comes to creating the perfect Apricot Jam Pastry Turnovers with Puff Pastry, using high-quality ingredients is essential. Opt for ripe and flavorful apricots for the jam, and ensure your puff pastry is of good quality, or consider making it from scratch for optimal results.
- Chill the Dough: Before working with puff pastry, it’s crucial to keep it chilled. This helps maintain its flaky texture during baking. Once you’ve rolled out the pastry, place it in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to firm up before assembling the turnovers.
- Apply an Even Layer of Apricot Jam: To achieve a balanced flavor profile spread a uniform layer of apricot jam over the puff pastry. Be careful not to overfill the turnovers, as this can lead to leakage during baking. Leave a small border around the edges to seal the turnovers securely.
- Properly Seal the Edges: To prevent the delicious filling from escaping during baking, ensure the turnovers are tightly sealed. Gently press the edges of the pastry together and use a fork to crimp and seal them. This will help create a beautiful and secure closure, giving your turnovers an appealing appearance.
- Bake at the Right Temperature: Puff pastry achieves its signature flakiness when baked at a high temperature. Preheat your oven to around 400°F (200°C) and bake the turnovers until they turn golden brown and crisp. Keep a close eye on them to avoid over-browning, as oven temperatures can vary. Once baked, allow the turnovers to cool slightly before indulging in their delightful flavors.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Apricot Jam Pastry Turnovers Recipe
➡️ Puff pastry turnovers are in 2024 some of the most popular dessert recipes in many parts of the world. Jam pastry turnovers are so popular because only a few ingredients are needed to prepare them, the cooking time is very short, and the cooking skills required are quite basic.
➡️ Jam turnovers are among the fastest, simplest, tastiest, and cheapest desserts you can make at home. Enjoy making apricot jam turnovers from scratch! If you need additional info, read more about the origins of the puff pastry turnovers here!
➡️ Also, I recommend you try more delicious jam pastry turnovers available on this website such as homemade cherry turnovers.
FAQs about Jam Pastry Turnovers
What are jam pastry turnovers?
Jam pastry turnovers are delightful pastries made with a flaky pastry shell and a filling of sweet jam. The pastry dough is typically rolled out, filled with a generous amount of jam, and then folded over and sealed to create a turnover shape. They are often baked until golden brown and served as a delicious treat or dessert.
What kind of jam can I use for jam pastry turnovers?
You can use a variety of jams for jam pastry turnovers, depending on your preference. Popular choices include apricot jam, raspberry jam, strawberry jam, or even a combination of different fruit jams. Choose a jam with a flavor you enjoy, as it will be the star of the turnovers.
Can I use homemade jam for jam pastry turnovers?
Absolutely! Homemade jam can add a personal touch and unique flavor to your turnovers. If you have a favorite homemade jam recipe or a jar of homemade jam on hand, it can be a wonderful addition to your pastry turnovers. Just ensure that the consistency of the jam is thick enough to prevent leakage during baking.
Can I make the pastry dough from scratch for jam pastry turnovers?
Yes, you can make the pastry dough from scratch for jam pastry turnovers. However, if you prefer a quicker option, you can also use store-bought puff pastry, which works beautifully for turnovers. Using store-bought puff pastry saves time and still yields delicious results.
How long do jam pastry turnovers stay fresh?
Jam pastry turnovers are best enjoyed fresh on the day they are baked. They are at their peak when the pastry is still flaky and the jam is warm. However, if stored properly in an airtight container at room temperature, they can still be enjoyed for up to 2 days