Easy puff pastry appetizer recipes – how to make Australian sausage rolls. Easy pastry appetizer recipe to prepare mini pastry rolls with simple and tasty ingredients like spicy sausage and frozen puff pastry dough.
Learn in this video how to make Australian sausage rolls from scratch by using a yummy and easy puff pastry sausage rolls recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade appetizer recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) unpack puff pastry dough and stretch it into a layer over your worktop
2) grind over pastry sheet some black pepper to taste and some salt to taste if needed (check first the sausage!)
3) sprinkle over dough sheet some coriander powder for a more flavored taste (optional)
4) place sausage close to one of the short pastry sheet edges just like in the video
5) roll the pastry sheet together with sausage to coat it completely
6) cut the pastry along the roll with a sharp knife, then press dough to seal sausage inside it
7) do the same with the rest of the ingredients (you should make another 2 rolls)
8) cut sausage stuffed pastry rolls into smaller pieces as desired (I recommend to cut medium-sized pieces)
9) place sausage pastry rolls on a tray coated with baking paper
10) break the egg, beat it up with a fork, then glaze each pastry roll on top and sides
11) sprinkle some salt over rolls (optional), then place the tray in the preheated oven at 200 C / 390 F and bake this delicious party food or appetizer until it’s golden brown (about 15-20 minutes)
12) take the tray out from the oven and wait until puff pastry rolls cool to room temperature or until are lukewarm, depending on how do you want to serve them
Because of the very high demand for puff pastry appetizers, there are lots of such recipes. Among them, sausage pastry rolls are at the top of most appreciated party food recipes.
Many people know sausage stuffed puff pastry as Australian sausage rolls, even if this puff pastry appetizer is not typical only for this country and was not invented there.
Rather, puff pastry sausage rolls are made all throughout the Commonwealth, so they can be also called British sausage rolls, English sausage rolls, and so on.
Sausage puff pastry rolls can be served both as hot and cold appetizers, depending entirely on your choice and the moment when do you have time to prepare them.
This recipe is ideal to prepare party food. You can make sausage pastry rolls in advance and serve them on platters, so you have the opportunity to prepare some tasty finger foods very quickly and with great results.
Everyone likes this type of appetizer, so your culinary creation will be highly appreciated!
Regarding the best sausage type to use for making sausage rolls, I recommend any half-raw sausage type, smoked or not. Generally, I use smoked pork sausage similar to Polish Kielbasa, but thinner. However, other sausages are good to make pastry rolls.
Attention! Fresh sausage, named also Italian sausage, cannot be used for this recipe unless you fry or bake them previously and wait to cool. After that, you can use them as described in this appetizer recipe.
Enjoy Australian sausage rolls!
Read more about sausage roll origins here!