100% authentic hunter schnitzel recipes – how to make hunter schnitzel in 20 steps at home called Jagerschnitzel.
German schnitzel recipe to prepare pork schnitzel with simple and tasty ingredients like mushroom sauce and pork chops.
Learn in this video how to make hunter schnitzel at home with mushroom cream sauce by using an authentic German schnitzel recipe or Jagerschnitzel!
SUPER YUMMY food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY German food! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of pork or veal steaks
2) fine salt and white ground pepper
3) 2-3 tbsp of all-purpose flour for schnitzel + 3 tbsp for the sauce
4) 2-3 eggs
5) 2-3 tbsp of fine-grained breadcrumbs
6) 300 ml/10 fl oz + 2 tbsp of sunflower oil or another oil type with neutral flavor (I DON’T recommend olive oil because of its heavy flavor)
7) 100 g/3.5 oz of onions
8) 500 g/18 oz of canned or fresh mushrooms
9) 500 ml/17 fl oz of water or beef stock if you are using veal or beef for schnitzel
10) 1 tbsp of brown sugar
11) 1 tbsp of garlic powder or 1-2 crushed garlic cloves
12) 4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar or to taste
13) 2 tbsp of butter at room temperature
14) a bundle of greenery (parsley or coriander leaves)
1) cut pork or veal into thin slices, then trim any fat off and thin them if necessary to get about 1 cm/0.25 inches thick cutlets
2) season meat with salt and ground white pepper to taste, then cover them and place it into the fridge for at least 1 hour (recommended)
3) break eggs and beat them up with a fork, add a pinch of salt
4) coat completely each meat slice by turn with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs (EXACTLY in this order!)
5) place oil into a skillet, then put the skillet over medium heat and wait to warm the oil up
6) place coated meat slices into the oil and wait until the bottom side is golden (2-3 minutes)
7) flip schnitzels and wait to brown evenly (1-2 minutes more)
8) take out schnitzel from the pan, drain the oil and place it on absorbent paper to remove any oil excess
9) meanwhile, peel onions off and chop it finely
10) place 2 spoons of oil into another pan and wait to warm up
11) add onions into the pan and wait to fry, season it with a pinch of salt
12) in the meantime, wash and chop fresh mushrooms or wash and drain canned mushrooms
13) add mushrooms into the pan when the onion is slightly fried and has a light brown color
14) fry ingredients until mushrooms are golden and there is no water in the pan (fresh mushrooms eliminate water by cooking)
15) meanwhile, dissolve 3 spoons of flour into water or stock and stir until there are no longer lumps
16) reduce temperature, then add flour mixture while stirring slowly and continuously ingredients until the sauce thickens
17) add brown sugar, garlic, vinegar, salt, and ground pepper to the sauce and mix
18) add butter to the sauce and mix again until it’s creamy
19) chop greenery finely and add it to the mushroom sauce or sprinkle it over Jägerschnitzel (hunter schnitzel in German)
20) serve de dish – place a slice of German schnitzel to a plate, then add over it 2-3 spoons of mushroom sauce, and sprinkle fresh greenery
Wiener schnitzel or German schnitzel is one of the most refined food recipes. Authentic Wiener schnitzel is made EXCLUSIVELY with veal, while other meat types (pork, chicken, lamb) cooked in the same way are called Wiener art schnitzel.
Starting from the original Wiener schnitzel recipes, German chefs created a new dish called hunter schnitzel or Jägerschnitzel in German. The original recipe features crumbed pork and fresh mushroom sauce. However, today you’ll find in some restaurants hunter schnitzel prepared with veal or beef.
Cooking authentic hunter schnitzel is pretty easy and preparing it won’t take too much time.
The key cooking tips about this German schnitzel type are easy to remember: cut the meat in thin slices and remove fat if necessary, fry it over medium heat to allow soften the meat inside, don’t cover the schnitzel when ready to remain crunchy outside. That’s all!
You can serve authentic hunter schnitzel with several side dishes next to it. To keep the German tradition, you could prepare buttered potatoes or mashed potatoes. However, other side dishes can be used on your choice.
Enjoy authentic hunter schnitzel!
Read more about Wiener schnitzel origins here.