📖 Table of Contents
Wiener Schnitzel Is Extra Delicious!
Schnitzel is of the best food recipes you have ever cooked!
➡️ Do you know what a schnitzel is? But an AUTHENTIC schnitzel? “A schnitzel is a thin slice of meat. The meat is usually thinned by pounding with a meat tenderizer. Most commonly, the meat is breaded before frying. Breaded schnitzel is popular in many countries and is made using veal, pork, chicken, mutton, beef, or turkey.”(Schnitzel)
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Authentic Schnitzel from Scratch at Home
Easy Dinner Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious and easy dinner recipes, look no further than the “30-Minute Dinner Ideas: Easy Dinner Cookbook for Families” cookbook.
- 4 veal cutlets (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil, for frying
- lemon wedges for serving
- Start by pounding the veal cutlets to a uniform thickness of about 1/4 inch. This can be done by placing the cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap and using a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy pan to pound them to the desired thickness.
- Set up a breading station by placing the flour in a shallow bowl, the beaten eggs in another bowl, and the breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Season the flour and breadcrumbs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat each veal cutlet in flour, shaking off any excess, then dip it into the beaten eggs, making sure to coat both sides.
- Finally, coat the cutlet in breadcrumbs, pressing down lightly to ensure the breadcrumbs stick to the meat. Repeat this process with each cutlet until they are all breaded.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pan, heat enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom by about 1/4 inch over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the breaded cutlets to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Once the schnitzels are cooked, remove them from the pan and place them on a wire rack to drain any excess oil. Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Cooking Authentic Schnitzel at Home is a Breeze!
➡️ Of course, I like to cook schnitzel from any type of meat and I often do it, because it is not only my favorite but also for the whole family. Most often, I prepare pork and chicken schnitzel because veal, which is the meat in the authentic schnitzel recipe, is very difficult to find nowadays.
➡️ Authentic schnitzel is one of the best veal recipes you ever tasted! Beside this recipe, I recommend you more tasty similar dishes such as German chicken breast schnitzel, chicken Parmesan, baked chicken breast schnitzel, French chicken leg schnitzel, French chicken schnitzel, German pork schnitzel, and German lamb schnitzel.
FAQs about the Authentic Schnitzel Recipe
What is authentic schnitzel?
Authentic schnitzel is a traditional Austrian dish made from thinly pounded meat, usually veal, pork, or chicken, coated in breadcrumbs and fried until golden and crispy.
Can I use a different type of meat for schnitzel?
Yes, you can use different types of meat for schnitzel. While veal is the traditional choice, pork and chicken are commonly used as alternatives. The meat should be thinly pounded to achieve the characteristic thin and tender texture.
What type of breadcrumbs should I use for schnitzel?
Traditional schnitzel is made using fine, dry breadcrumbs. You can use store-bought breadcrumbs or make your own by toasting and grinding stale bread. Panko breadcrumbs can also be used for a lighter and crunchier coating.
Can I make schnitzel without breadcrumbs?
While breadcrumbs are a key component of schnitzel, you can make a breadcrumb-free version using alternatives like crushed cornflakes, crushed crackers, or almond meal. These substitutions can provide a similar texture and flavor.
How do I achieve a crispy schnitzel?
To achieve a crispy schnitzel, it’s important to properly coat the meat with breadcrumbs or a suitable substitute. Press the breadcrumbs firmly onto the meat, ensuring an even coating. Additionally, make sure the oil or fat used for frying is hot enough to create a crisp exterior.
Related Schnitzel Recipes and Culinary Articles
German Spring Lamb Meat Schnitzel Recipe in 20 Minutes the Easy Way
Authentic Chicken Schnitzel Recipe Jagerschnitzel in 30 Minutes
Chicken Schnitzel without Breadcrumbs in 30 Minutes the Easy Way
Looking to elevate your culinary skills and expand your recipe repertoire? Look no further than a cookbook! Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or just starting out in the kitchen, there’s a cookbook in this store for you.
Featured Online Wine Delivery from the Best Online Wine Shops
📖 Cooking article by