📖 Table of Contents
How To Cook Bacon-Wrapped Scallops at Home
My bacon-wrapped scallops recipe is one of the most delicious scallop recipes you have ever cooked!
➡️ Bacon-wrapped scallops belong to the gourmet dishes that you usually find at dinner parties, Oscar gala receptions, or Michelin-starred restaurants. Maybe you’ve heard of this old-fashioned but still popular seafood recipe and would like to cook it at home.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Bacon-Wrapped Scallops from Scratch at Home
- 12 large scallops
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the scallops under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each scallop with a half-slice of bacon. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon-wrapped scallops to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the bacon is crispy.
- Transfer the scallops to a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the scallops are cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks and transfer the bacon-wrapped scallops to a serving platter. Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Use dry scallops for the best results. Wet scallops can release a lot of moisture during cooking and prevent the bacon from crisping up properly.
- Don’t overcook the scallops. They should be cooked until just opaque and tender, and not rubbery or tough.
- Preheat the skillet before adding the bacon-wrapped scallops. This will help the bacon cook evenly and prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Use toothpicks to secure the bacon in place. This will help the bacon cook evenly and prevent it from slipping off the scallops.
- Serve the bacon-wrapped scallops immediately after cooking to ensure they are hot and crispy.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Cooking Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Needs Very Little Time!
➡️ Cooking bacon-wrapped scallops needs little time but experienced cooking skills. Most often, the bacon is over-fried and the scallops are undercooked, so the dish doesn’t taste good at all. This is the challenge you have to face and find both the right temperature and the perfect frying time so that the food is as delicious as in a luxury restaurant.
➡️ Cooking scallops wrapped with bacon at home enables you to enjoy delicious and luxurious dinners anytime! If you need additional info, read more on scallop! Also, I recommend you to try more mouth-watering seafood recipes available on this website such as creamy garlic shrimp pasta and pan-seared scallops for dinner.
FAQ’s for Cooking Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
What are bacon-wrapped scallops?
Bacon-wrapped scallops are a delicious appetizer or main dish that consists of jumbo scallops wrapped in bacon.
What are the ingredients for bacon-wrapped scallops?
The ingredients for bacon-wrapped scallops include scallops, bacon, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How do you make bacon-wrapped scallops?
To make bacon-wrapped scallops, you first need to partially cook the bacon in a skillet. Then you wrap each scallop with a half slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Finally, you bake the scallops in the oven until the bacon is crispy.
What are some variations of bacon-wrapped scallops?
Some variations of bacon-wrapped scallops include adding a spicy mayo sauce or serving them with maple syrup.
How long does it take to make bacon-wrapped scallops?
It takes about 35 minutes to make bacon-wrapped scallops from start to finish, less or more depending on your recipe.
Related Seafood Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by