SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 400 g/14 oz of all-purpose flour
2) 10 g/0.35 oz of baking powder
3) 10 g/0.35 of dry yeast
4) 120 + 150 gr/4.2 + 5.3 oz of granulated sugar
5) grated zest from a lemon
6) 230 g/8 oz of pork lard (you can use butter instead)
7) 1 + 2 + 1 eggs
8) 30 ml/1 fl oz of cold cow milk
9) 600 g/31 oz of cow cottage cheese or mascarpone cheese
10) 1 tsp of vanilla extract
11) 30 g/1 oz of semolina
12) 150 g/5.3 oz of fresh or frozen blueberry
13) caster sugar for garnishing
1) put the flour into a bowl, add baking powder and dry yeast, then combine ingredients
2) add 120 g /4.2 oz of granulated sugar and grated zest from a lemon
3) add pork lard or butter at room temperature
4) combine ingredients well, until there are no more lard traces
5) add an egg and cow milk and knead ingredients until you get a smooth dough
6) put the cottage cheese into another bowl and add 150 g/5.3 oz of granulated sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract
7) add two eggs to the cheese and combine ingredients well
8) add semolina and mix again
9) add blueberries until you get a smooth cheese filling
10) put the dough on a floured surface and knead it for about 20 seconds
11) divide the dough into two pieces in a proportion of 1/3 and 2/3
12) stretch the larger dough piece into a sheet of the tray size that you are going to use, then place it inside
13) put the cheese and blueberry mixture you prepared previously into the tray
14) stretch the smaller dough piece into a sheet and put it over the filling
15) seal the edges of the two dough sheets and remove excess if necessary
16) make some holes with a fork to go steam out during baking
17) break and beat an egg up, brush the blueberry cake, then put the tray in the preheated oven at 170 C/340 F and wait until the cake top is golden brown
18) take the tray out from the oven, then wait until the blueberry cheesecake is cold
19) sprinkle over cake caster sugar abundantly and cut slices of the desired size
There are many homemade cheesecake recipes and a large part of them are made with fruit.
The blueberry cheesecake can be made both with fresh and frozen blueberry. As a result, you can bake it all throughout the year.
Blueberry can be replaced with other similar fruits such as bilberries, blackberries, and so on.
When baking cheesecake, make sure you are using just very fresh cottage cheese. If the cheese is altered even a bit, the cake won’t have the savory taste you are looking for.
Since the cheesecake is prepared with pork lard, the dough remains tender and soft for a couple of days. Still, I recommend you to keep the cake in a cold place to avoid altering the cheese.
You can serve this homemade blueberry cheesecake plain, as most people do. However, it is very tasty along with tea or coffee. Enjoy it!
Yes, you can make fresh fruit cheesecake with other fruits such as raspberry or bilberry.
To read more about cheesecake origins just follow this link.