Oven-baked cabbage recipes – how to make baked cabbage with wine in the oven. Easy food recipe to cook cabbage in the oven with wine and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make baked cabbage with wine from scratch by using a yummy and easy oven-roasted shredded cabbage recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1,5 kg / 50 oz of fresh white cabbage
2) 2 tbsp of salt
3) ground black pepper to taste
4) 1 tsp of cumin powder or cumin seeds (optional) – you can use coriander powder instead
5) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil or olive oil
6) 300 ml / 10 fl oz of white wine
1) remove outer withered leaves from the cabbage head if necessary, then cut it in two halves, remove stub from both parts, then cut each piece in two halves
2) shred or wedge each cabbage quarter into thin strips
3) salt cabbage and mix thoroughly to combine ingredients well
4) wait at least 2 hours for the salt to extract water from the cabbage
5) squeeze water and salt well from the cabbage wedges
6) place cabbage into a tray and spread it in a layer
7) season cabbage with ground black pepper to taste
8) flavor cabbage with cumin (optional)
9) pour oil all over cabbage layer
10) pour wine over cabbage, then mix ingredients to combine well
11) place the tray in the oven at 200 C / 390 F and bake until the cabbage is golden (about 30 minutes)
12) set the oven at the maximum temperature and roast the cabbage if you like a more crunchy texture (optional), this step takes about 10 minutes more
13) take out the tray from the oven at wait about 10-15 minutes before serving for the cabbage to absorb the wine from the tray (recommended)
Cabbage is a vegetable featured in many food recipes. Even if cabbage is used primarily for salad, there are lots of recipes that use this delicious veggie to cook main or side dishes.
Baked cabbage is certainly one of the most appreciated ways to cook cabbage. Both red and white cabbage can be baked.
Some people like to bake cabbage in large chunks, but I like more to cook it in this way after I shred or wedge it. I consider that so the cabbage is tastier, plus the cooking time is much shorter.
The baked cabbage presented on this page is extremely simple. Basically, you have just to thin the cabbage by shredding or wedging, then you place it into a tray, add some spices and wine, and that’s all! I think that anyone will find this recipe very easy and useful!
Sure, if you don’t drink alcoholic beverages, you can remove wine from the recipe. However, a good, quality, wine makes a huge difference with the added aroma that combines perfectly with white cabbage and spices.
Sometimes, I want to make roasted cabbage instead of baked cabbage. The only thing you need to make by using this recipe is to leave the tray in the oven a couple of minutes more and you already have the roasted cabbage in the oven!
Regarding the serving, the baked shredded cabbage, as well as the roasted shredded cabbage, is a side dish. It fits very well with various roasted meat types such as roasted chicken, grilled pork, baked sausage, and many more.
Enjoy baked cabbage with wine!
More information about different cabbage dishes here.