Baked chicken legs recipes – how to make baked chicken legs like in Provence. Easy chicken recipe for cooking chicken legs in the oven with simple and tasty ingredients like the Provence spice mix.
Learn in this video how to make baked chicken legs from scratch by using a yummy and easy chicken recipe in the oven from Provence France!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 10 chicken leg quarters (1/serving)
2) salt to taste
3) ground black pepper to taste
4) half a glass of water, dry white wine or chicken broth
5) 1 tsp of Provence spice blend (herbs de Provence)
6) 10 garlic cloves or to taste
7) 2-3 rosemary twigs or 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary
8) 50 ml / 15 fl oz of olive oil or sunflower oil
1) place chicken legs on a tray
2) season chicken with salt to taste, rub meat all over to enter better salt inside
3) pour some water, wine or chicken broth into the tray
4) grind over chicken some black pepper to taste
5) sprinkle herbs de Provence over chicken legs
6) peel garlic cloves off and place it into the tray between chicken leg quarters
7) place in the tray some rosemary twigs or sprinkle over chicken some dried rosemary
8) pour olive oil over chicken leg quarters
9) put the tray in the oven and bake chicken leg quarters at 180 C / 360 F until golden brown (about 45 minutes, less or more), add more water into the tray if needed
10) stop the fire and leave the tray in the oven for 15-30 minutes before serving (recommended)
Everyone knows that there are hundreds or even thousands of baked chicken recipes that use almost any ingredient that comes to mind.
I present a baked chicken legs recipe in a French-inspired style, more precisely from the Provence region, in the south of the country.
This region is known worldwide for a combination of aromatic plants that bears its name – herbs de Provence.
Of course, I use for the recipe this mix of spices because it gives a fantastic flavor to the chicken and fits very well together with this type of meat.
Although at first glance it may seem like a complicated recipe because of its French origin, it’s actually very simple!
Basically, all you have to do when cooking chicken legs in the oven is to flavor them with spices and garlic (I recommend also to use wine for even more aroma!), bake it in the oven at low temperature and then you can enjoy a delicious chicken roast as you rarely ate!
Of course, you may find another combination more suitable, after all, each one can personalize food according to its own preferences!
A salad of fresh vegetables is also very suitable along with the baked chicken. For example, I use often a tomato salad recipe with green onions or cucumber salad with tzatziki sauce.
And because this article is about a French food recipe, a glass of dry white wine can not be missing near the baked chicken, especially if it comes from the Provence region! However, another good wine can be served at the table!
Enjoy Provence baked chicken legs recipe!
Yes, you can cook a whole chicken like the Provence baked chicken legs recipe. However, I recommend to butterly it before cooking it in the oven.
Read more about chicken as food here.