SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY baked chicken! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 10 chicken leg quarters (1 leg/serving)
2) some salt to taste
3) some ground black pepper to taste
4) half a glass of water, dry white wine, or chicken broth
5) 1 tsp of Provence spice blend (herbs de Provence)
6) 10 garlic cloves or to taste
7) 2-3 rosemary twigs or 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary
8) 50 ml/15 fl oz of olive oil or sunflower oil
1) place chicken legs on a tray
2) season chicken with some salt to taste, then rub the meat all over to enter better salt inside
3) pour some water, wine. or chicken broth into the tray
4) grind over chicken some black pepper to taste
5) sprinkle herbs de Provence over chicken legs
6) peel garlic cloves off and place them into the tray between chicken leg quarters
7) place in the tray some rosemary twigs or sprinkle over chicken some dried rosemary
8) pour olive oil over chicken leg quarters
9) put the tray in the oven and bake chicken leg quarters at 180 C/360 F until golden brown (about 45 minutes, less or more), add more water into the tray if needed
10) stop the fire and leave the tray in the oven for 15-30 minutes before serving (recommended)
Everywhere are hundreds or even thousands of baked chicken recipes that use almost any ingredient that comes to mind.
I share with you a baked chicken leg quarters recipe in a French-inspired style, more precisely from the Provence region, in the south of the country.
This region is known worldwide for a combination of aromatic plants that bears its name – herbs de Provence.
Of course, I use for the recipe this mix of spices because it gives a fantastic flavor to the chicken and fits very well together with this type of meat.
Although at first glance it may seem like a complicated recipe because of its French origin, it’s actually very simple!
Basically, all you have to do when cooking chicken legs in the oven is to flavor them with spices and garlic (I recommend also to use wine for even more aroma!), bake it in the oven at low temperature and then you can enjoy a delicious chicken roast as you rarely ate!
Of course, you may find another combination more suitable, after all, each one can personalize food according to its own preferences!
And because this article is about a French food recipe, a glass of dry white wine can not be missing near the baked chicken, especially if it comes from the Provence region! However, another good wine can be served at the table!
Enjoy Provence baked chicken legs recipe!
Yes, you can cook a whole chicken like the Provence baked chicken legs recipe. However, I recommend to butterly it before cooking it in the oven.
Read more about chicken as food here.