Baked chicken legs recipes – how to make baked chicken legs with quince and garlic. Easy chicken recipe for cooking chicken legs in the oven with whole chicken legs, garlic, and caramelized quince slices.
View this video about how to make baked chicken legs by using a yummy and easy chicken recipe with quince!
SUPER YUMMY chicken recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 6-8 chicken leg quarters (you can also cut chicken leg quarters into pieces)
2) salt and black peppercorn to taste
3) garlic cloves to taste (I recommend 8-10 garlic cloves)
4) 600-800 g / 22-28 oz of quince
5) 2-3 tbsp of honey
6) nutmeg powder to taste (I recommend 1/2 tsp)
7) some water (about 250 ml / 8.5 fl oz)
8) some olive oil (1-2 tbsp)
1) season chicken legs with salt, then place them into a tray with the skin up
2) add garlic cloves and black peppercorn to taste
3) peel quince off, remove stub and seeds, then slice it up or cube it, as desired
4) add honey and nutmeg powder over quince slices and combine ingredients well
5) pour some water or dry white wine into the tray and some olive oil over chicken leg quarters, then place quince slices between chicken legs
6) cover the tray with foil and put it into the oven at 180 C / 360 F for about 30-40 minutes
8) remove foil, put the tray back in the oven and roast chicken with quince at 280 C / 530 F until golden brown
8) stop the fire, cover again the food with foil, and wait about 30 minutes before serving (recommended)
Cooking chicken legs in the oven with quince is one of the most popular methods to prepare baked chicken legs. Therefore, there isn’t surprising that people are looking for the most appetizing chicken recipes to cook baked chicken legs with quince.
Some people make baked chicken legs with quince in a very simple way, without using many ingredients for seasoning. That’s a fine way to eat chicken, but I prefer a recipe for cooking chicken legs in the oven in a more refined way.
Fruits are generally not associated with chicken roast. There are still some fruits that taste great along with chicken and one of them is quince.
This baked chicken legs recipe is one of my favorite roasted chicken recipes during fall and winter when it is available quince. The savory chicken roast taste is combined with the quince and honey aroma, so the final result is worth to a king!
To get the best results, I recommend cutting the quince in medium-sized slices, not too thick, neither too narrow. If the honey is too thick, combine it before use with some warm water (or even sweet wine or brandy if you’re a true gourmet!) to coat well the chicken legs.
If you don’t like nutmeg, you can use allspice instead, or even ginger powder. For a spicy taste, you can add some hot chili pepper powder as well when coating the chicken leg quarters.
The baked chicken leg quarters with quince are perfect if you serve them with creamy mashed potato. I enjoy this food recipe every time I eat it!
Just place baked chicken legs with quince to plates, add some mashed potatoes next to them, then put 1-2 tablespoon of sauce over potatoes.
Additionally, sprinkle over some chopped greenery. The plate will look amazingly good and the food will have a phenomenal taste!
You can make, of course, other side dishes, some of them that match at best this baked chicken recipe are French fries, home fries, risotto, boiled potato with butter and greenery, and so on.
When you cooking chicken legs in the oven, a fresh vegetable salad is highly recommended along with this food.
Enjoy baked chicken legs with quince!
Yes, you can proceed in the same way, but butterfly the whole chicken or cut it into pieces before baking.