Learn in this video how to make baked chicken legs with vegetables from scratch by using a yummy and easy chicken leg quarters recipe in the French style!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY baked chicken quarters! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 6 large chicken leg quarters (about 1,8 kg/64 oz)
2) salt or salted red pepper paste
3) 1,5 kg/52 oz of potatoes
4) 600 g/21 oz of zucchini
5) 200 g/7 oz of onions
6) 200 g/7 oz of black olives (I recommend to use seedless olives)
7) several garlic cloves to taste (I use a whole head of garlic for an intense taste)
8) 700 ml/24 fl oz of white wine, water, or chicken broth (I use wine)
9) 1/4 tsp of saffron (optional)
10) 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
11) black pepper to taste
1) rub chicken legs with salt or salted red pepper paste for food seasoning
2) peel potatoes off and cut them into large cubes
3) slice zucchini
4) peel onions off and chop them finely
5) place vegetables into the tray, add over them olives, then season ingredients with salt to taste
6) add some garlic cloves to the tray
7) dissolve saffron in the liquid you are going to use, then pour it into the tray
8) place chicken leg quarters over vegetables with the skin upwards
9) pour some olive oil over chicken legs
10) place the tray in the oven at 170 C/340 F and wait to cook the food (about 45 minutes)
11) the dish is ready when chicken leg quarters are golden brown, vegetables are soft, and liquid from the tray is very low
12) take the tray out from the oven, grind some black pepper to taste over food, and wait 15 minutes before serving (recommended)
Baked chicken legs recipe is at top of preferences when it comes to chicken recipes in any part of the planet. Therefore, in each country are lots of food recipes for baked chicken legs with vegetables.
When you look at ingredients, you might think this is a Greek recipe but, actually, it’s not! The recipe comes from southern France, more precisely from Provence, the region renowned all over the world for its flavored foods. This food recipe doesn’t make an exception because the saffron is a very flavored spice. Plus, it’s rare and very expensive since it has a unique aroma that is unmatched by any other spice.
Of course, if you don’t have saffron, you can cook the recipe without using it and the food will be very tasty anyway. Or you can replace it with a little rosemary or sage for a different aroma blend in your plate.
Speaking technically about baked chicken legs with vegetables, the recipe is very easy to make and doesn’t require sophisticated ingredients, except saffron.
In addition, cooking chicken legs in the oven needs a short time, so this recipe is perfect for any occasion when you want to eat a special meal but you don’t want to spend much too time in the kitchen.
Of course, this food is perfect when you want to impress your guests with a less known dish! So, learn cooking chicken leg quarters in the oven in a refined way!
Enjoy baked chicken legs with vegetables!
Yes, you can make baked chicken with vegetables by using a whole chicken exactly in the same way. However, for better cooking, I recommend butterflying the whole chicken before cooking it in the oven.
Read more about chicken as a food here.