Learn in this video how to cook pork butt in the oven from scratch by using a tasty and easy baked pork chop recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2.5 kg/90 oz of Boston butt or pork neck, bone-in or boneless (you can use pork loin as well)
2) salt and ground black pepper to taste
3) 3 garlic cloves or to taste
4) 1-2 tsp of cumin powder (you can use thyme instead)
5) 1-2 tsp of ginger powder
6) 800 g / 30 oz of peeled chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
7) 50 ml/ fl oz of vegetable oil (optional, depending on the meat type you are using)
1) slice the pork neck chunk into pork chops of 1 to 2 finger thickness, on your choice
2) pour about half a glass water into the tray, then place pork chops inside
3) season the meat with some salt and ground black pepper to taste
4) peel garlic cloves off and chop them, then sprinkle it over the meat slices
5) add cumin or thyme and ginger powder as evenly as possible
6) peel tomatoes off and chop them or open the can, then spread chopped tomatoes over pork chops into a layer
7) pour over some vegetable oil if the meat doesn’t contain any fat
8) place the tray in the oven at 200 C/390 F and wait until the pork chops are golden on top, then flip them and wait until are evenly browned
Baked pork steak is one of my favorite foods, so I cook often in the oven several recipes including sliced pork.
Basically, you have just to slice the meat chunk, place them on the tray with several ingredients for marinade and you’re ready to go! Furthermore, you can buy sliced pork chops, case in which you have just to drop them into the tray!
Regarding the meat type to make the best pork chops in the oven, you can use both bone-in and boneless chops. This depends entirely on your taste and doesn’t influence the cooking method, excepting the needed time to roast the meat, which is, naturally, a bit longer for the bone-in meat.
Most often, I use bone-in pork neck, however, I prepare the recipe also with boneless Boston butt and, sometimes, with pork loin.
If you have fresh tomatoes, use them, but choosing canned tomatoes is a good option if you don’t have too much time at disposal or you want to spend less time in the kitchen.
As for garlic, I love it, so I use a lot to make roasted pork in the oven. I recommend a minimum of 2-3 garlic cloves, but you can use more if you like garlic just like me!
Regarding the used spices, cumin, thyme, and ginger match very very any pork cut, so you can combine them as you like. The quantity depends also on your taste.
So, if you’re asking which is the best way to cook pork chops in the oven, the answer is simple: this one!
Enjoy the oven-baked pork chops recipe in tomato sauce!
View more pork butt recipes!
Read more about more pork dishes here.