📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Pork Neck Steaks in the Oven: Oven-Baked Pork Steaks Recipe
➡️ When I think of comfort food, baked pork steaks are at the top of my list. So, I cook often pork steaks in the oven with different pork cuts and ingredients including vegetables. On this webpage, I’ll share a recipe for cooking pork steaks in the oven with summer vegetables and pork neck slices. It is very easy to cook and turns into a very tasty dinner!
➡️ If you’re looking for a way to impress your dinner guests or family, grilled pork steak is a classic choice. But when you want something simple that still tastes great, baked pork steaks are a great option. All you need to do is cook them in the oven, then serve them with your favorite side dish. The result is tender and juicy meat without all the fuss of grilling.
➡️ Cooking baked pork steaks is very easy and requires few ingredients that can be found anywhere. Therefore, you don’t have to be an experienced cook to use this method of preparing Boston butt pork steaks in the oven. Just watch the cooking video below and learn the best method for cooking pork neck steaks in the oven in 2023!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Baked Pork Steaks in the Oven from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for the baked pork steaks with vegetables?
1) 2 kg/70 oz of pork neck (Boston butt)
2) 3-5 garlic cloves or to taste
3) 150 g/5 oz of green or yellow bell peppers
4) 200 g/7 oz of tomatoes
5) some salt and ground black pepper to taste
6) 3-5 thyme twigs or 1 tbsp of dried thyme
7) 300 ml/15 fl oz of water
8) 100 ml/3.5 fl oz of vegetable oil (optional)
How to make baked pork steaks with vegetables from scratch in 10 steps?
step 1: cut the Boston butt into thick slices about 2 fingers wide, then place the pork neck slices into the tray in a single layer
step 2: peel de garlic, cut it into rounds and place them over the pork neck slices
step 3: remove the stub and seeds from the bell pepper, cut them into strips, and place them over the pork neck slices
step 4: slice tomatoes and place them into the tray all over the pork slices
step 5: season ingredients with some salt and ground black pepper to taste
step 6: sprinkle fresh thyme twigs or dried thyme all over the ingredients
step 7: pour about 300 ml or 10 fl oz of water into the tray
step 8: optionally, pour a bit of vegetable oil over the ingredients in the tray for better roasting
step 9: cover the tray with aluminum foil and place it in the oven at 180 Celsius degrees or 360 Fahrenheit degrees for about 35-45 minutes or until the steaks become tender and the water drops almost completely
step 10: remove foil from the tray, then put it back in the oven at 230 Celsius degrees or 445 Fahrenheit degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until the ingredients turn golden brown
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
6 PRO Tips for the Oven-Baked Pork Steaks Recipe
➡️ Cooking pork steaks in the oven is quite easy and doesn’t pose difficulties even for less experienced home chefs. However, I share a few tips in order to avoid common mistakes that one could make when cooking pork neck steaks in the oven.
- to get the best results when cooking baked pork steaks, I recommend you cut medium-thick slices because those too thin will dry out, while those too thick could remain raw and chewy inside
- I prefer to cook this recipe with pork neck, but you can also use other pork cuts such as pork shoulder and pork loin
- along with the mentioned vegetables, others can be used such as zucchini or eggplant
- for a spicy taste, you can add one or two hot chili peppers to the chopped vegetables
- for a more refined dinner, you can replace water with white wine
- remove the foil from the tray only when the meat slices are soft enough, this way the baked pork steaks will definitely be tender and juicy
➡️ The best methods for cooking baked pork steaks are those that result in tender, flavorful steaks with a crisp exterior. Enjoy cooking baked pork neck steaks in the oven from scratch! For additional info, read more on pork steak.
Related Pork Steak Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by