📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Oven-Baked Salmon in Foil at Home
My baked salmon recipe in foil is one of the most delicious oven-baked salmon recipes you’ve ever cooked!
➡️ Summertime is just perfect for cooking grilled salmon, but sometimes you want a break from grilled food and crave something else without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Also, why not eat salmon prepared by other methods? So, what’s the best way for cooking salmon fillets in these situations? The answer is quite simple, baked salmon in the oven! Do you want to enjoy a pleasant evening outside? You can also make grilled salmon without the fillet being roasted!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Baked Salmon at Home from Scratch
Mediterranean Diet Cookbook
Oven-Baked Salmon in Foil
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz)
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 sprigs of fresh dill or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut four 12×18-inch pieces of aluminum foil and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets in the center of each piece of foil.
- Spoon the butter mixture over each fillet, spreading it evenly.
- Top each fillet with a lemon slice and a sprig of fresh dill or parsley.
- Fold the foil up around the salmon, sealing the edges tightly to create a packet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Carefully open the foil packets and transfer the salmon to plates.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.
- Use fresh salmon for the best flavor and texture.
- Make sure to tightly seal the foil packets to prevent the butter from leaking out. This also helps to keep the steam inside and bake the fillets.
- Adjust the seasoning to your taste. Add more or less salt and pepper depending on your preference.
- If you don’t have fresh dill, you can use other fresh herbs like parsley, sage, tarragon, cilantro, or thyme.
- To make clean-up even easier, line the baking sheet with parchment paper before placing the foil packets on top.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Cooking Baked Salmon Fillets at Home is a Breeze!
➡️ As I mentioned at the beginning, you can also cook baked salmon on the grill. All you have to do after seasoning the fish and possibly adding some of the vegetables you like (by the way, have you tried salmon with zucchini?) is to wrap the fillet in aluminum foil and seal it, then put the packages thus formed on the grill. You need to be careful that the temperature of the hot coals or the gas flame is not too high but rather medium so that the fillet has time to bake and absorb the flavors of the other ingredients and spices.
➡️ Cooking baked salmon in foil from scratch is not as difficult as it may sound. You will only need a few ingredients and a little bit of your time to make it. Fish cooks quickly, so this is a great option for those who don’t have the patience to wait for a meal to cook for hours. Enjoy cooking baked salmon in foil from scratch! If you need additional info, read more on salmon!
➡️ I recommend you to try other delicious baked fish recipes such as baked cod fillets, baked bream fish, and baked mackerel in tomato sauce.
FAQ’s for the Baked Salmon Recipe
What is the best way to bake salmon?
The best way to bake salmon is to preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The simplest recipe requires to place the salmon fillet in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
How long should you bake salmon?
You should bake salmon for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
What are some side dishes that go well with baked salmon?
Some side dishes that go well with baked salmon include roasted vegetables, rice pilaf, mashed potatoes, or a simple green salad.
Related Salmon Recipes and Culinary Articles
Featured Online Wine Delivery from the Best Online Wine Shops
Do you want to change your life in depth?