Learn in this video how to make pancakes at home by using the authentic French crepe recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY dessert recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY the basic French crepes! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) place the flour into a large bowl
2) grate zest from a lemon over the flour
3) add some salt and vanilla extract to the bowl
4) add 5 tbsp of sunflower oil to the bowl
5) break 3 eggs and add them to the bowl
6) gradually add milk to the bowl while stirring continuously by hand to avoid making flour lumps, the batter is ready for frying when it’s smooth and creamy
7) brush a frying pan with oil and wait until it’s hot
8) pour about a ladle of pancake batter into the pan and spread it into a thin layer
9) fry the crepe until golden on bottom, then flip it and fry until browned evenly
10) take the crepe out from the pan and place it to a platter
11) continue in the same way with the rest of the batter
French crepes or pancakes, how are known in some English-speaking countries, are for a long time among the most appreciated dessert recipes.
Most of us have tasted at least once in life this delicious dessert. For sure you know that sweet crepes are served with various fillings, from which the most common is fruit jam. However, crepes can be stuffed with many other ingredients such as chocolate cream, sweet ricotta cheese, vanilla custard, and many more.
There are not many cooking tips to share regarding this basic crepes recipe. Preparing the batter is really easy, so it’s nothing to say about this step.
When it comes to frying pancakes, keep in mind three important things: one, wait until the oil is very hot before pouring batter into the pan, two – spread the batter into a thin layer and three, don’t fry excessively the crepe because it becomes bitter when burns out. Don’t forget, the crepe is ready when it’s slightly golden, NOT brown!
If you don’t have at disposal milk or you don’t want to use this ingredient, you find below a link to a crepe recipe without milk. The method is very similar to the basic French crepes recipe and the results are very tasty as well.
But how to serve the crepes? Let’s elaborate a bit the subject. There are several ways to eat a crepe and the most common is to fill it up. Among the preferred crepe fillings can be mentioned jam and chocolate cream, bought from the store or homemade.
Additionally, crepes can be topped with various ingredients, regardless if they are filled or not. Some of the most popular toppings include whipped cream, jelly, ice cream, vanilla custard, chocolate cream, fruits, and more.
Yes, there are crepe recipes without milk among ingredients.
Enjoy basic French crepes with milk!
Read more about crepe types here.