📖 Table of Contents
Homemade BBQ Chicken Marinade Recipes: Quick and Easy
My BBQ chicken with a gourmet marinade is one of the most delicious grilled chicken recipes you ever made!
➡️ Who doesn’t like a tasty BBQ chicken marinade? Summer is the premium time for grilling chicken, so my charcoal grill is fired up often and makes delicious food, and the chicken takes pride of place. When it comes to BBQ chicken, there are endless ways to prepare it, but this recipe takes things to the next level with a gourmet marinade that will make your taste buds sing. The combination of sweet and savory flavors is perfect for a backyard cookout or a family dinner.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Grilled Chicken with a Gourmet BBQ Chicken Marinade
Boneless Chicken Breast Cookbook
BBQ Chicken with a Gourmet Marinade
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and discard excess marinade. Place chicken on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Make sure to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to fully infuse into the meat.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can also bake the chicken in the oven at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- For an extra smoky flavor, add a few wood chips to the grill before cooking the chicken.
- Brush the chicken with additional marinade while grilling for extra flavor and moisture.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite BBQ sides, like coleslaw or corn on the cob, for a complete meal.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Making BBQ Chicken Marinade at Home is a Breeze!
➡️ I simply love BBQ grilled chicken! It is easy to prepare and has a really delicious flavor, no matter the BBQ chicken marinade you have used. Plus, you can combine the grilled chicken with lots of veggie salads, BBQ sauces, dips, and side dishes.
➡️ The best way to prepare barbecue chicken is to use a good barbecue chicken marinade, but a really good one is hard to find outside of the traditional tomato-based variety. Most commercial barbecue sauces are unhealthy and contain high amounts of sugar and salt. So, you should make your own homemade BBQ chicken marinade! If you need additional info, read more on marination!
FAQs for BBQ Chicken
How can I make juicy and flavorful BBQ chicken?
To make juicy and flavorful BBQ chicken, start by marinating the chicken in your favorite BBQ sauce or a combination of spices and marinade ingredients. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse into the meat. Cook the chicken slowly over indirect heat on the grill, basting it with additional BBQ sauce throughout the cooking process to enhance the flavor and moisture.
What are some popular BBQ sauce flavors for chicken?
There are various popular BBQ sauce flavors for chicken, including smoky hickory, tangy and sweet Kansas City-style, spicy chipotle, or mustard-based Carolina-style. Experiment with different sauces to find your preferred flavor profile.
What is the recommended internal temperature for BBQ chicken?
The recommended internal temperature for BBQ chicken is 165°F (74°C). Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches this safe temperature in the thickest part of the meat, avoiding contact with the bone.
How long should I grill BBQ chicken?
The grilling time for BBQ chicken depends on the cut and size of the chicken pieces, as well as the grill’s heat. As a general guideline, bone-in chicken pieces may take around 25-35 minutes, while boneless chicken breasts or thighs could take approximately 15-20 minutes. Adjust the cooking time accordingly and always check the internal temperature for doneness.
Can I use BBQ sauce on grilled chicken besides grilling?
Absolutely! BBQ sauce can be used on grilled chicken in various ways. You can brush the sauce on the chicken during the last few minutes of grilling to create a caramelized glaze. Alternatively, you can marinate the chicken in BBQ sauce beforehand or use it as a dipping sauce on the side when serving the grilled chicken. Get creative and enjoy the smoky and tangy flavors of BBQ sauce on your chicken.
Related Grilled Chicken Recipes and Culinary Articles
Featured Online Wine Delivery from the Best Online Wine Shops
Do you want to change your life in depth?
📖 Cooking article by The Passionate Gourmet.