6 PRO Tips for the Homemade Bean and Bacon Soup Recipe
- If you use dried beans for the recipe, put them in cold water the night before; this will cause the beans to partially rehydrate and boil faster
- Do not cut the bacon into too small cubes so that it does not burn when fried
- Instead of water, you can use beef broth or chicken broth for a more complex flavor
- Even before the soup is ready, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar for an even more refined flavor
- If you like spicy food, you can sprinkle a little hot chili pepper powder over the soup when serving
- If the soup is not thick enough, you can add a tablespoon of heavy cream to each plate
➡️ Enjoy cooking homemade bean and bacon soup from scratch! For additional info, read more on bean soup to make you lose weight!