📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Cucumber Salad Recipes: Hungarian Cucumber Salad with Vinegar (Uborkasaláta)
My Hungarian cucumber salad recipe (Uborkasaláta) is one of the tastiest vinegar cucumber salad recipes you have ever made at home. View the recipe below!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
Authentic Hungarian Cucumber Salad with Vinegar Dressing (Uborkasaláta)
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Begin by preparing the cucumbers and onions. Rinse the cucumbers and slice them thinly. Slice the onion if used and add both to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the white vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Mix until the sugar and salt are fully dissolved.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and onions and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours, to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When you're ready to serve the salad, remove it from the refrigerator and give it a quick stir. Sprinkle the top of the salad with sweet paprika and serve immediately.
Preparation Tips for the Best Results:
- Use a mandolin or a sharp knife to thinly slice the cucumbers and onions. This will help to ensure that they are evenly sliced and will make the salad look more attractive.
- For the best flavor, use a high-quality white vinegar. It’s the main ingredient in the dressing, so it’s important to use a vinegar that you enjoy the taste of.
- To make the salad ahead of time, prepare the cucumbers and onions and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Mix the dressing separately and add it to the salad just before serving.
- If you prefer a sweeter salad, you can increase the amount of sugar in the dressing. Be sure to taste the dressing as you go and adjust the sugar as needed.
- For a more colorful presentation, try using a mix of different colored cucumbers, such as English cucumbers or pickling cucumbers. This will add a pop of color to the salad and make it even more appealing.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
FAQ’s for the Cucumber Salad Recipe in Vinegar
What is the best way to make cucumber salad?
The best way to make cucumber salad is to slice cucumbers thinly and place them in a mixing bowl. Add salt and let the cucumbers sit for 10-15 minutes. Drain the excess water and add sliced onions and chopped dill. Then pour over a vinegar dressing and serve immediately.
How do you make a vinegar dressing for cucumber salad?
To make a vinegar dressing for cucumber salad in the simplest way, combine white vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
What are some variations of cucumber salad with vinegar dressing?
Some variations of cucumber salad with vinegar dressing include adding tomatoes, feta cheese, or olives.
➡️ Making raw cucumber salads enables you to enjoy delicious and healthy veggie salads throughout the year! if you need additional info, read more on salad dressing!
➡️ I recommend you to try more delicious cucumber salad recipes available on this website such as cucumber avocado salad, Bulgarian SHOPSKA salad, creamy cucumber salad with Greek yogurt, old-fashioned cucumber tomato onion salad, and mixed vegetable salad.
📖 Cooking article by