📖 Table of Contents
Homemade French Cherry Tart Recipes: Black Cherry Tart
My homemade black cherry tart recipe is one of the most delicious French cherry tart recipes you ever made at home!
➡️ Are you looking for traditional French tart recipes in 2023? On this page, you can learn how to make a black cherry tart from scratch in 13 steps at home.
➡️ My easy fruit tart cake recipe helps you bake a fresh cherry tart with simple and tasty ingredients such as black cherries and vanilla pudding.
➡️ Learn below how to make cherry tart using a tasty and easy fruit tart cake recipe from scratch!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Black Cherry Tart from Scratch
What ingredients do I need to make a cherry tart?
1) 40 g/1.4 oz of vanilla pudding (1 sachet)
2) 4 + 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
3) 450 ml/15.5 fl oz of cold cow milk
4) 300 g/10 oz of black cherries, fresh, frozen, or canned
5) 8 g/0.3 oz of red tort jelly
6) 250 ml/8.5 fl oz of cold water
How to make a cherry tart from scratch?
1) buy or previously make a basic tart crust at home (see how to make a tart base)
2) place vanilla pudding into a saucepan, then add 4 spoons of granulated sugar
3) add milk gradually while stirring ingredients by hand until the sugar is dissolved
4) boil vanilla pudding while mixing continuously
5) vanilla pudding is ready when it has a thick creamy consistency, take the saucepan off the stove
6) pour the pudding into the tart crust and spread it into a layer
7) cover the tart with food foil and wait to cool the pudding to room temperature
8) meanwhile, rinse the cherries well, drain the water, and remove the seeds
9) remove the foil from the tart and make a cherry layer to cover the tart completely
10) place tort jelly into a saucepan, add 2 tbsp of granulated sugar, and water, mix the ingredients, then boil them as instructed on the package
11) pour the jelly over the tart into a layer to cover the cherries completely
12) wait to cool and harden the jelly
13) slice the tart up as desired
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the French Cherry Tart Recipe
➡️ Fruit tart cake is one of my favorite cakes. As a result, I make such desserts quite often, especially during the summer when fresh fruit is available in large quantities. However, fruit tarts can also be prepared with frozen or canned fruit, so I bake fruit tarts all year round.
➡️ Some of the fruits I use to make tarts include pineapple, peaches, raspberries, blueberries, and, of course, cherries. Black cherries are best when it comes to making a cake with this summer fruit, but other types of cherries can be used too. In addition to fresh fruit, frozen or canned cherries are also good for the French tart recipe.
➡️ My black cherry tart cake is based on a classic French tart recipe. You can make a traditional French-style tart crust by following the recipe I recommend. However, tart bases from the bakery or store can be used instead if you do not have the time to make a tart shell at home.
➡️ Even though I prefer to make the base for my tarts, sometimes I also use the commercial version when I have to make a lot of cakes and I don’t have enough time to bake the base at home.
➡️ As for the cream, the classic cherry tart is made with French vanilla cream. This takes some time and quite a bit of experience, so I replaced it with a simple vanilla pudding that goes very well with the sweet taste of black cherries, their combination results in a very delicious cherry pie.
➡️ This homemade cake recipe is very versatile, as you can replace black cherries with other fruits such as sour cherries, raspberries, strawberries, and so on.
➡️ In conclusion, using this fruit tart recipe, you can make an excellent dessert in a very short time and with just a few ingredients. Try this recipe once and you will probably use it several times this summer!
➡️ Enjoy the black cherry tart recipe from scratch! For additional info, read more about tart types here!
Related Cherry Cake Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by