Learn in this video how to make cherry tart by using a tasty and easy fruit tart cake recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cherry cake recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) buy or make a basic tart crust at home (see how to make a tart base)
2) place vanilla pudding into a saucepan, then add 4 spoons of granulated sugar
3) add milk gradually while stirring ingredients by hand until the sugar is dissolved
4) boil vanilla pudding while mixing continuously
5) vanilla pudding is ready when it has a thick creamy consistency, take the saucepan off the stove
6) pour the pudding into the tart crust and spread it into a layer
7) cover the tart with food foil and wait to cool the pudding to room temperature
8) meanwhile, rinse cherries well, drain the water, and remove the seeds
9) remove foil from the tart and make a cherry layer to cover the tart completely
10) place tort jelly into a saucepan, add 2 tbsp of granulated sugar, and water, mix ingredients, then boil them as instructed on the package
11) pour the jelly over the tart into a layer to cover cherries completely
12) wait to cool and harden the jelly
13) slice the tart up as desired
Fruit tart cake is one of my preferred cakes. As a result, I make pretty often such dessert and especially during summer when fresh fruits are available in large amounts.
Nevertheless, fruit tart can be prepared with frozen or canned fruits as well, so I bake fruit tart all year round.
Some of the fruits that I use to make tart cake include pineapple, peach, raspberry, blueberry, and, of course, cherry. Black cherries are the best when it comes to making a cake with this summer fruit, but, other cherry types can be used as well.
Besides fresh fruit, frozen or canned cherries are also good for tart.
This fruit tart cake is based on a classic French tart recipe. You can make a traditional tart crust in the French style by following the recipe that I recommend. However, bought tart base can be used instead if you don’t have the necessary time to make a tart shell at home.
Even if I prefer to make the base for my tarts, sometimes I also use the commercial version when I have to make many cakes and I don’t have enough time to bake the base.
Regarding the cream, the classic cherry tart is made with French vanilla custard. This requires some time and pretty much experience, so I’ve replaced it with a simple vanilla pudding that matches very well the sweet black cherry taste, and their combination results in a very delicious cherry cake.
This homemade cake recipe is very versatile because you can replace black cherries with other fruits such as sour cherry, raspberry, and so on.
In conclusion, by using this fruit tart recipe, you can make an excellent dessert in a very short time and with just a few ingredients. Just try once this recipe and, probably, you’ll use many times more.
Enjoy black cherry tart recipe!
You can read more about tart types here!