Learn in this cooking video how to make calzone pizza at home from scratch using a yummy and easy Bolognese calzone pizza recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking pizza! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) make Bolognese sauce and wait to cool (you can use leftover Bolognese sauce or bought sauce)
2) make pizza dough or unpack the commercial pizza base you bought in the store (view how to make pizza dough with yeast and how to make pizza dough without yeast)
3) spread pizza dough into a sheet of 2-3 cm/0.8-1.2 inches thickness
4) use a turnover mold or a round shape such as a plate (of about 15 cm/6 inches diameter) to cut pieces of dough out
5) place to each dough piece about 2 spoons of Bolognese sauce (around 100 g/3.5 oz)
6) add over sauce layer a spoon of canned mushrooms (rinsed and drained) and a spoon of grated cheese (about 20 g/0.7 oz each)
7) grind over cheese some black pepper or hot chili pepper to taste for a spicy taste (optional)
8) fold the pizza dough with the mold or by hand so that the stuffing remains inside, then merge the two pizza dough layers and seal the edge by pressing it with the mold or with a fork
9) continue identically with the remaining ingredients, you’ll have in the end about 8-10 calzone pizzas
10) coat a tray with baking paper, then place calzones inside
11) drill the pizzas several times with a fork to go the steam out during baking
12) place the tray in the preheated oven and bake Bolognese calzone pizza until golden on top (approximately 20-25 minutes)
13) take the tray out from the oven and wait about 15 minutes before serving to cool a bit calzone and to harden both Bolognese sauce and cheese from inside
Everyone likes pizza, so there is not surprising that homemade pizza recipes are popular with more and more people.
I make many times pizza at home with different ingredients and with homemade pizza crust that I prepare with pleasure, no matter if it features or not yeast (by the way, I recommend you to check my pizza base recipes out, you’ll make great homemade pizza with them!).
From the many homemade pizza recipes, I prepare at home, the calzone is at the top of my preferences. I love calzone pizza both for the crispy dough and hot and tasty stuffing that combine perfectly with each other!
On this page, I bring to your attention the Bolognese calzone pizza recipe with mushrooms. I consider it one of the best calzone recipes because it’s very easy to make it, especially if you have leftover Bolognese sauce in the fridge and are using ready-made pizza crust. Plus, the Bolognese calzone is simply delicious with the added mushrooms to the classic Bolognese sauce aroma!
Of course, the Bolognese calzone pizza recipe can be prepared without mushrooms if you don’t have them at hand or simply you don’t want to use them for the homemade pizza you make right at that moment!
Enjoy Bolognese calzone pizza recipe with mushrooms!
Read more about calzone pizza here.