Learn in this video how to make braised green beans from scratch with fresh or frozen green beans by using a yummy and easy sauteed yellow beans recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY braised green beans! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of green beans or yellow beans – fresh, canned, or frozen
2) 2-3 garlic cloves or to taste
3) salt or salty red bell pepper paste
4) 1-2 tbsp of sunflower oil
5) some water
6) 2-3 tbsp of tomato puree or 500 ml/17 fl oz of concentrated tomato broth
7) chopped parsley leaves to taste
8) sour cream for serving (optional)
1) cut green beans into pieces of the desired size and place them into a pot
2) finely chop or crush garlic and put it over green beans
3) season food with salt or salty red bell pepper paste
4) pour a bit of sunflower oil, then fill the pot up with water just to cover the ingredients
5) place the pot on the stovetop over medium temperature and boil ingredients for about 15-20 de minutes or until the green bean is soft
6) add tomato puree or tomato broth over sauteed green beans, then boil food until the sauce is low (about 10-15 minutes)
7) chop parsley leaves finely, sprinkle it over beans, and boil the food about 2-3 minutes more
8) serve stewed green beans with sour cream added to the top of the plate (optional)
String green beans and yellow beans are some of the most popular vegetables. Therefore, it’s natural to find a lot of food recipes including green beans in different ways.
Green beans are quite popular all over the world. They are cooked as fresh vegetables, canned, and frozen. Some of the popular ways to cook green beans are braising, steaming, boiling, stir-frying, and baking.
Green beans are also used to make more complex foods like soup, stew, and casserole.
There are several varieties of green beans of which the most popular are French beans and string beans. Sometimes even yellow bean types are commonly named green bean.
The braised green beans recipe with garlic and tomato is one of the most appreciated and often cooked green bean or yellow bean recipes in Eastern European countries such as Hungary.
Cooking time is short and the recipe does not require many ingredients or extensive cooking experience to get very good results.
The sauteed green beans recipe with garlic can be cooked with both frozen green beans and fresh green beans. In both variants, the food is very tasty, but when it’s cooked with fresh beans the bean taste is more intense.
In addition, you benefit from more vitamins. Therefore, I recommend you cooking fresh green beans whenever you have the opportunity!
Maybe you don’t know, but green beans are very healthy. There are available studies which suggest that including green beans in the diet decreases the risk of affections like obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Additionally, it decreases overall mortality.
Using sour cream is, of course, not mandatory, but if you are going to serve stewed green beans with cream, your family and friends will appreciate it even more for the delicious taste and rich sauce that complements the flavor of the green beans. Good appetite!
For more information about green beans click here.