Learn in this video how to make baked Brie puff pastry roll-up appetizers by using a tasty and easy cheese roll-ups recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) unpack the Brie cheese and slice it very thinly
2) unpack the puff pastry dough sheet and place cheese slices over it
3) sprinkle fine salt and ground black pepper to taste
4) sprinkle Provence spice mixture all over
5) break basil leaves into small pieces and place them all over
6) roll the dough sheet as tight as possible
7) cut the roll into rounds of about two-finger width and place them on a baking paper-lined tray
8) brush puff pastry pieces on top and side with beaten egg
9) sprinkle very little coarse salt over rounds (optional)
10) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F and bake puff pastry pinwheels until golden
11) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool Brie cheese roll-ups to room temperature
Nowadays, puff pastry appetizers are very popular all over the world because they are ready very fast, extremely tasty, and cheap.
As a result, there are available lots of puff pastry appetizer recipes with various ingredients from which cheese is, probably, most often used.
I offer you on this page a cheese roll-up appetizer of French inspiration. So, it features one of the most famous French cheese types called Brie. If you don’t have this cheese type and can’t buy it, you can use any other creamy cheese type that you like for the recipe.
Another typical French ingredient is the Provence spice mixture. It comprises a number of aromatic herbs and gives this cold appetizer a specific taste. Usually, all large stores have on sale this mixture. In the situation in which you can’t use it, simply skip the step when making baked Brie cheese pinwheels.
As you have probably seen in the video, making these puff pastry appetizers is a breeze, so anyone will be able to use the recipe with great results. Both the working and baking time is short, you need just a few ingredients, and the method is quite simple, so you don’t have any excuse to not enjoy this fantastic snack right now!
Not to forget, I recommend you to double or even triple the quantities because these cheese pinwheels are very delicious and will disappear quickly from the platter!
Another tip is to serve the appetizer on the same day, at about 1 hour after it’s ready. At that point, the pinwheels are slightly lukewarm and the cheese is still creamy and just perfect to enjoy its refined taste. Plus, the baked puff pastry is perfectly crunchy, so you and your family or friends will enjoy a great appetizer or party snack.
More information about puff pastry is available here.