Learn in this video how to make a broccoli and cauliflower salad from scratch by using a tasty and easy vegetable salad recipe with mayonnaise dressing!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cauliflower salad recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 750 g/25 oz of cauliflower, fresh or frozen
2) 450 g/16 oz of broccoli, fresh or frozen
3) 50 g/2 oz of red onions
4) 300 g/10 oz of sour cream
5) 100 g/3.5 oz of mayonnaise
6) salt to taste
7) ground white pepper to taste
8) 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1-2 garlic cloves
9) 1/2 tsp of Provence spice mix
10) a handful of fresh dill
1) cut cauliflower into smaller bunches
2) boil cauliflower into salted water until slightly soft (al dente)
3) drain water from cauliflower and wait to cool to room temperature
4) cut broccoli into smaller bunches if using fresh vegetables, then boil broccoli into a sieve over steaming water until slightly soft (al dente)
5) drain water from broccoli and wait to cool to room temperature
6) in the meantime, peel red onions off and wedge them finely
7) place sour cream into a bowl, then add mayonnaise over it (you can use homemade or bought mayonnaise, on your choice – view how to make mayonnaise at home)
8) add salt and ground white pepper to taste, then add garlic powder (or grate garlic cloves) and Provence spice mix to the bowl
10) finely chop the dill and place it into the bowl
11) add wedged red onions to the bowl
12) mix all ingredients in the bowl to combine very well
13) place boiled broccoli and cauliflower into the bowl
14) mix ingredients to coat vegetables with mayonnaise sauce
Vegetable salads are great any time but especially during hot summer days when you can replace regular dishes with a refreshing but nourishing salad that offers you enough energy but won’t make you feel bloated.
Of course, there are many vegetable salad types that I prepare frequently and some of them include sour cream or yogurt to get a creamy texture.
Broccoli and cauliflower belong both to my favorite vegetables. I use these vegetables to cook many dishes and I use them for salad as well.
The salad recipe on this page will enable you to make a savory and nourishing salad that you can use as the main dish when you want to eat a light lunch or dinner.
Of course, it can be used as a snake and even as a salad appetizer. Finally, the salad can be served next to various roasted or grilled meat types.
Making this broccoli and cauliflower salad recipe is very easy. Plus, you need just a couple of ingredients and less time to get fantastic food that you’ll enjoy every time when you’ll eat!
Needless to say, vegetable salads are the best when you’ll using fresh vegetables. However, if you don’t have fresh veggies at hand or during winter you can use their frozen versions, so you can prepare this cauliflower salad recipe all year long.
If you don’t have the Provence spice mix at home, you can simply skip this ingredient when you make the salad. However, I recommend still add it to the salad because it confers a more refined taste and will turn your salad into luxury food!
Enjoy the creamy broccoli and cauliflower salad recipe!
You can read more about vegetable salad types here!