6 PRO Tips for the Brown Mushroom Gravy Recipe Without Sour Cream
- I recommend using chopped canned mushrooms for this gravy recipe due to the shorter cooking time, but you can use also whole canned mushrooms and even fresh mushrooms that you have to fry previously
- fry the red onions over a medium temperature to avoid burning and add the mushrooms to the pan immediately as the onion is glassy
- I prefer using chicken stock for the added chicken flavor, however, you can use vegetable stock for a vegan version of the recipe or even water
- because I use this brown gravy to top other dishes, I prefer to season it basically, still, you can add more flavors as desired when you season it
- the amount of cornstarch or flour depends on the liquid level from the pan and your preferences, this ingredient can be skipped as well if you like eating a very low sauce
- the use of chopped parsley is not mandatory, I like to add chopped greenery for the added aroma and freshness
➡️ Enjoy cooking a mushroom sauce without cream from scratch! For additional info, read more on gravy!