Easy food recipe to make pork and cabbage stew with tender pork shoulder, tasty tomato, and more simple ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make pork cabbage stew by using a yummy and easy pork and cabbage recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) remove outer withered leaves and cut the cabbage in two halves
2) remove stub, then shred or wedge the cabbage by the knife into thin strips
3) dice pork shoulder into medium-sized cubes
4) place half cabbage into a higher pot, then add cubed pork
5) season with salt and ground black pepper to taste
6) chop or cut garlic cloves into rounds, then place it into the pot
7) pour water to cover ingredients, then shake the pot to avoid sticking to the pot bottom
8) put remaining cabbage in the pot, then place the pot on the stovetop over low temperature
9) pour some vegetable oil (optional) if you are using pork ham without too much fat, then boil cabbage stew until all the ingredients are very tender
10) serve cabbage and pork stew along with some sour cream placed on the top (recommended)
Stew is one of the most popular food recipes in many parts of the world.
There are lots of stew recipes featuring different ingredients such as meat and vegetables. One of the most-used vegetables to cook stew is cabbage.
Cabbage stew includes fresh white cabbage as a primary ingredient. It features also other vegetables like onion, carrot, and celery.
Some of the countries where cabbage stew is very popular include Hungary, Poland, France, Turkey, and Russia.
This cabbage and pork recipe is really tasty and easy to make, it doesn’t require many ingredients and advanced cooking skills.
Regarding the fresh pork meat – I recommend using pork shoulder or fresh pork ham. Still, there can be used other pork cuts as well such as ribs, brisket, neck, and even bone-in loin.
Usually, this dish is made with fresh cabbage, but you can cook it with sauerkraut as well during wintertime.
The sour cabbage version of the pork and cabbage stew recipe is very delicious and nourishing, especially during winter, when all of us need warm and wholesome food.
While cooking this stew recipe, you can replace fresh pork meat with smoked ham, smoked sausage, or smoked bacon. These stew varieties are more popular in Eastern European countries.
The cabbage stew with pork is served usually plain, just with some fresh bread next to it.
For a more creamy and refined taste, I suggest you adding some sour cream on top of the cabbage stew with pork.
Those who like the more spicy foods are invited to grind over some black pepper – the stew will taste fantastic!
For more information about Hungarian cuisine click here.