Cabbage salad recipes – how to make carrot and cabbage salad with vinegar dressing. Basic coleslaw recipe to prepare a vegetable salad with fresh white cabbage, vinegar dressing and more simple and healthy ingredients like raw carrots.
Learn in this video about how to make carrot and cabbage salad from scratch by using a yummy and easy coleslaw recipe with vinegar dressing that will please everyone!
SUPER YUMMY homemade vegetable salad recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1,5 kg / 50 oz of fresh white cabbage
2) 1 tsp of salt or to taste
3) ground white pepper to taste (optional)
4) 2-3 medium-sized carrots (300 g / 10 oz)
5) 2-3 tsp of white wine vinegar or apple vinegar
2-3 tsp of olive oil
2-3 sesame or pumpkin oil (optional)
1) remove withered outer leaves, cut cabbage head in two halves, remove stub from them, then cut again each half in two pieces
2) shred or wedge by knife each cabbage quarter into very thin strips
3) add about a teaspoon of salt or to taste over cabbage wedges and combine well
4) peel carrots off, then grate them finely over cabbage wedges
5) pour vinegar and olive oil over vegetables, then season the raw cabbage salad with pepper to taste (optional)
6) for more flavor, add some sesame or pumpkin oil, then combine ingredients well
7) wait about 15 minutes before serving to mix flavors thoroughly
Some of the countries where coleslaw recipe is very appreciated include Hungary, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, the UK, and the USA.
Of course, sweet cabbage salad is made in many other places. In fact, cabbage is a basic vegetable on the entire planet!
Carrot and cabbage salad recipe with vinegar is one of the simplest coleslaw recipes.
This cabbage salad recipe is prepared with white wine vinegar, apple vinegar, and balsamic vinegar for a more refined taste.
Coleslaw is a salad recipe consisting of finely-shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing, from which the most popular are simple vinegar, vinaigrette, and mayonnaise.
This fresh cabbage salad recipe doesn’t require many ingredients, it’s very tasty and anyone can make it in no time!
Carrot and cabbage salad with vinegar presented on this page has European origins. In Germany, the finely shredded cabbage is marinated with sunflower oil and vinegar.
Some variations of the German cabbage salad recipe include chopped onion or sliced apple.
In seems that shredded carrot is included into the coleslaw recipe most often in Poland, Russia, and the UK.
Besides fresh cabbage, this salad recipe can be prepared with sauerkraut. Usually, sauerkraut versions are made in Eastern Europe and especially in Poland, Russia, and Ukraine.
Both raw cabbage salad and sauerkraut salad can be served as a cold appetizer. However, generally speaking, coleslaw is served along with other dishes.
Sometimes, coleslaw can be a main course, especially in the scorching summer days when people want to eat really light food.
Carrot and cabbage salad is also used as a sandwich ingredient and especially for barbecue sandwiches. This salad is also very good for preparing a hamburger and hot dog.
The many combined flavors make this white cabbage salad very tasty, so all people will appreciate it!
When you eat the cabbage salad along with other dishes containing meat you can serve some drinks like wine or beer, but it’s not mandatory. Enjoy it!
More information about coleslaw is available here.