Carrot and red cabbage salad recipes – how to make red cabbage salad with carrots and arugula. Easy coleslaw recipe to prepare a healthy vegetable salad with raw red cabbage, carrots, arugula, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make carrot and cabbage salad from scratch by using a healthy raw red cabbage salad recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1.5 kg / 50 oz of raw red cabbage
2) salt and ground black pepper
3) 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
4) 1-2 tbsp of sesame oil (optional)
5) 2-3 tbsp of white wine vinegar
6) 100 g / 3.5 oz of fresh arugula
7) 100 g / 3.5 oz of raw carrots
1) remove withered outer leaves, then cut cabbage in two parts lengthwise through the middle of the stub
2) remove stub from both halves, then wedge cabbage by knife into very thin strips or shred it by hand or by kitchen robot
3) season cabbage with salt and ground pepper to taste, then pour some olive oil and sesame oil (optional)
4) combine ingredients well to coat cabbage wedges with oil and spices
5) add vinegar and mix again
6) add arugula leaves and mix
7) peel carrots off, then grate them over salad and combine ingredients thoroughly
Raw carrot and red cabbage salad recipe with arugula is one of the tastiest vegetable salad recipes that I use to make coleslaw.
There are a lot of flavors into this salad – fresh vegetables, olive oil, sesame oil, and black pepper.
As a result, you’ll feel an explosion of aroma immediately as you taste this mixed vegetable salad.
Besides its delicious taste, the salad is very healthy both due to vitamins from fresh vegetables and due to monounsaturated fats from olive oil. Not to forget about omega-6 essential fats and antioxidants such as phenolic flavonoids from sesame oil!
However, both versions are very good and won’t disappoint your family and friends.
The use of sesame oil is, of course, not mandatory. I still recommend trying it, at least once, because this vegetable oil type is very healthy and full of exotic aroma. Therefore, the salad will be more refined and richer in flavors!
Raw carrot and red cabbage salad recipe with arugula can be served plain when it’s very hot to enjoy a nourishing and healthy meal.
It is also a great option when you’re on diet – this salad will make you believe you are eating something sophisticated and consistent.
Cabbage and carrot salad is a very good choice when you want to serve some fried meat dish.
Read more about the coleslaw origins here.