📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Egg Salad Recipes: Celery Egg Salad
My celery egg salad recipe is one of the most delicious egg salad appetizer recipes you’ve ever made!
➡️ Are you searching for the best egg salad recipes in 2023? On this page, you’ll find out how to make a salad appetizer with boiled eggs and celery at home in 12 steps. Eggs are exceptional foods that can be prepared in many ways including cold appetizers and appetizer salads.
➡️ Boiled egg salads have long been popular and used as appetizers. Therefore, you will find many such recipes, but few that include celery, a very tasty and healthy vegetable. My easy cold appetizers recipe helps you prepare homemade egg salad with simple and tasty ingredients like boiled eggs, mayonnaise, raw celery, and onions.
➡️ Preparing salads with hard-boiled eggs is extremely easy to do even for novice home chefs. In addition, the preparation time is very short, so anyone can eat the delicious dish without effort and a lot of time spent in the kitchen. Watch the cooking video below and learn how to make an egg salad recipe with celery from scratch using a tasty and easy cold appetizer recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Celery Egg Salad Appetizer from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make a celery egg salad?
1) 5 eggs
2) 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, homemade or commercial
3) 3 tbsp of sour cream (12% fat)
4) 1 tbsp of spicy or sweet mustard
5) some salt and ground white pepper to taste
6) 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar (optional, depending on the mustard type you are using)
7) 100 g/3.5 oz of raw celery root or celery stalks
8) 100 g/3.5 oz of green onions or chives
How to make a celery egg salad from scratch?
1) boil eggs until the yolks are hard
2) wait to cool to room temperature, then peel eggs off and cube or slice them as desired
3) place hard-boiled egg pieces into a bowl
4) place mayonnaise into another bowl, then add sour cream, mustard
5) add some salt and pepper to taste, then add a little sugar if you are using spicy mustard for the recipe
6) mix ingredients thoroughly by hand until you get a smooth mayonnaise sauce
7) peel the celery root off, then cube it into very small pieces or grate it and add it into the mayonnaise bowl (you need just to chop finely the celery stalks if you’re going to use them)
8) chop green onions or chives and place them over the celery
9) mix ingredients into the mayonnaise bowl until combined well
10) add hard-boiled egg pieces over and mix again gently by hand to avoid breaking eggs into very small pieces
11) place the salad appetizer into the fridge for at least 1 hour to combine better the flavors (recommended)
12) serve this simple egg salad as a topping for sandwiches or stuffing for more complex cold appetizers such as egg salad stuffed tomatoes, ham roll-ups, and so on
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Homemade Celery Egg Salad Appetizer Recipe
➡️ Egg salad is one of the basic cold appetizer recipes. As a result, preparing a simple salad with boiled eggs is important when you want to make home tasty food and impressive appetizers.
➡️ Classic egg salad means just boiled eggs and mayonnaise. Starting from this simple recipe, nowadays are available many variations including more ingredients from which some of the most popular are ham, pickles, mushrooms, bell pepper, and celery.
➡️ I share on this webpage one of my homemade salad appetizer recipes, one that features raw celery root and green onions or chives. As you probably have already seen in the video, preparing this salad appetizer is a breeze for everyone. Basically, there is no way to make something wrong when you make it!
➡️ Therefore, there aren’t many tips to share with regard to this egg salad appetizer recipe. If you’re asking which is the best way to cut boiled eggs, the answer is that this step doesn’t matter too much because the ingredients are mixed well and egg pieces will break anyway. Personally, I like to cube eggs because the salad is easier to eat and placed on the sandwich, but if you want to slice eggs instead of cubing them, that’s fine as well.
➡️ Those of you who dispose of more time could make at home the mayonnaise (see how to make a basic mayonnaise with the mixer). On this website are available more homemade mayonnaise recipes including garlic mayonnaise, spicy mayonnaise, and yogurt mayonnaise sauce, which can be used to add flavor to your egg salad. However, using mayonnaise bought in the store is fine if you’re in rush or you want to spend less time in the kitchen.
➡️ As for the celery root, you can chop it very finely or grate it for a smoother texture of the salad. Personally, I like to cube it because I like the crunchy celery pieces. Celery root can be replaced with celery stalks.
➡️ Even if you can serve the appetizer immediately as it’s ready, I recommend you keep the celery egg salad in the fridge for some time to combine better the flavors and chill a bit.
➡️ Finally, use this homemade salad appetizer to make sandwiches, egg salad stuffed tomatoes, or other cold appetizers.
➡️ Enjoy making homemade celery egg salad appetizer from scratch! For additional info, read more on egg salad!
Related Egg Salad Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by