Easy cold appetizers recipe to prepare the best egg salad with simple and tasty ingredients like boiled eggs, mayonnaise, raw celery, and onions.
Learn in this video how to make a simple egg salad from scratch by using a tasty and easy cold appetizer recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade salad appetizer recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY making cold appetizers at home! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 5 eggs
2) 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, homemade or commercial
3) 3 tbsp of sour cream (12% fat)
4) 1 tbsp of spicy or sweet mustard
5) some salt and ground white pepper to taste
6) 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar (optional, depending on the mustard type you are using)
7) 100 g/3.5 oz of raw celery root
8) 100 g/3.5 oz of green onions or chives
1) boil eggs until the yolks are hard
2) wait to cool to room temperature, then peel eggs off and cube or slice them as desired
3) place hard-boiled egg pieces into a bowl
4) place mayonnaise into another bowl, then add over sour cream, mustard
5) add some salt and pepper to taste, then add a little sugar if you are using spicy mustard for the recipe
6) mix ingredients thoroughly by hand until you get a smooth mayonnaise sauce
7) peel celery root off, then cube it into very small pieces or grate it and add it into the mayonnaise bowl
8) chop green onions or chives and place them over the celery
9) mix ingredients into the mayonnaise bowl until combined well
10) add hard-boiled egg pieces over and mix again gently by hand to avoid breaking eggs into very small pieces
11) place the salad appetizer into the fridge for at least 1 hour to combine better the flavors (recommended)
12) serve this simple egg salad as a topping for sandwiches or stuffing for more complex cold appetizers such as egg salad stuffed tomatoes, ham roll-ups, and so on
Egg salad is one of the basic cold appetizer recipes. As a result, preparing a simple salad with boiled eggs is important when you want to make at home tasty food and impressive appetizers.
Classic salad means just boiled eggs and mayonnaise. Starting from this simple recipe, nowadays are available many variations including more ingredients from which some of the most popular are ham, pickles, mushroom, bell pepper, and celery.
I share with you on this webpage one of the best salad recipes, one that features raw celery root and green onions or chives.
As you probably have already seen in the video, preparing this salad appetizer is a breeze for everyone. Basically, there is no way to make something wrong when you make it.
Therefore, there are not many tips to share with regard to this salad recipe. If you’re asking which is the best way to cut boiled eggs, the answer is that this step doesn’t matter too much because the ingredients are mixed well and egg pieces will break anyway. Personally, I like to cube eggs because the salad is easier to eat and placed on the sandwich, but if you want to slice eggs instead of cubing them, that’s fine.
Those of you who dispose of more time could make at home the mayonnaise (see how to make a basic mayonnaise by the mixer). On this website are available more homemade mayonnaise recipes including garlic mayonnaise, spicy mayonnaise, and yogurt mayonnaise sauce.
However, using mayonnaise bought in the store is fine if you’re in rush or you want to spend less time in the kitchen.
Regarding the celery root, you can chop it very finely or grate it for a smoother texture of the salad. Personally, I like to cube it because I like the crunchy celery pieces.
Even if you can serve the appetizer immediately as it’s ready, I recommend you keep the celery egg salad in the fridge some time to combine better the flavors.
Finally, use the celery egg salad to make sandwiches, egg salad stuffed tomatoes, or other cold appetizers.
Enjoy the best egg salad recipe!
Egg salad is a dish made primarily of chopped hard-boiled or scrambled eggs, mustard, and mayonnaise, often including other ingredients such as celery.
It is made mixed with seasonings in the form of herbs, spices, and other ingredients, bound with mayonnaise. It is similar to chicken salad, ham salad, tuna salad, lobster salad, and crab salad. A typical egg salad is made of chopped hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, minced celery and onion, salt, black pepper, and paprika. A common use is as a filling for egg sandwiches. It is also often used as a topping for a green salad.
Egg salad can be made creatively with any number of other cold foods added. Bacon, bell pepper, capers, cheese, cucumber, onions, lettuce, pickle relish, pickles, and ketchup are common additional ingredients.Egg salad (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_salad)
Without a doubt, there is a multitude of benefits to eating eggs every day. Not only do eggs provide high-quality protein, but they also contain 11 vitamins and minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. And this means they can make a valuable contribution to daily nutrient requirements.
Most of the protein in an egg can be found in the egg white, while the yolk contains healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Eggs Are Filling and Help with Weight Loss
Nutrient-dense and a great source of high-quality protein, eggs are one of the healthiest foods you can eat for weight management.
Studies have found that eating eggs can make you feel full for longer by:
– Increasing levels of a hormone that helps you feel satisfied after eating
– Delaying the rate at which food leaves the stomach
Eating eggs can also help reduce variations in glucose and insulin levels which can have benefits for weight management.
The high satiety levels of eggs lead to greater feelings of satisfaction, less hunger, and a lower desire to eat later in the day, meaning you’ll be less inclined to reach for that mid-afternoon snack.8 Amazing Health Benefits of Eggs: Why Eggs Are Good For You (https://www.australianeggs.org.au/nutrition/health-benefits/)