Learn in this cooking video how to make celery soup from scratch using a tasty and easy cream soup recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY the cream of celery soup with turkey and bread croutons! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1.5 kg/50 oz of celery roots
2) 100 g/3.5 oz of red onions
3) 200 g/7 oz of carrots
4) some salt and black peppercorns
5) 800 g/30 oz of turkey drumstick/turkey thigh
6) 1 tbsp of sunflower oil (optional)
7) 2-4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
8) 100 g/3.5 oz of butter
9) 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary
10) 200 g/7 oz of Italian bread
11) a small bundle of fresh dill, chopped
1) peel celery roots, cut them into small cubes, and place them into a high pot
2) peel red onions, chop, and place them into the pot
3) peel carrots, slice, and place them into the pot
4) add some salt and black peppercorns to taste
5) place turkey drumsticks into the pot
6) fill the pot up with lukewarm water
7) pour a little oil into the pot (optional), then boil ingredients over a low temperature until turkey drumsticks are very tender (about 90 minutes)
8) take turkey drumsticks out from the soup, remove the skin and bones, then cut them into smaller pieces and put them aside
9) sift the stock into a sieve to remove any impurities
10) place the boiled vegetables back into the pot, add 2-3 ladles of stock
11) mash vegetables very finely by a vertical blender or by hand
12) add 2-3 ladles of stock and mix again
13) add more stock until you get a creamy consistency
14) add some salt if needed, some apple cider vinegar according to your taste, then combine ingredients very well
15) place turkey pieces into the cream of celery soup
16) put butter into a saucepan and wait to soften over a very high temperature
17) add some salt and dried rosemary to the butter and mix ingredients
18) cut the bread into medium-sized cubes, place them into the saucepan, and fry them until golden brown while stirring continuously
19) place celery soup with turkey into deep plates, sprinkle a little chopped dill over, and place on top a couple of bread croutons
Cream soup seems to have lost popularity in recent years for reasons that are not clear to me. Some may think that this type of soup is difficult to cook and requires a lot of time spent in the kitchen, but these fears have no real basis.
This could also happen with this cream of celery soup recipe if someone just looks at the cooking time, which might seem very long. In reality, preparing the ingredients and the soup does not require more than 30 minutes, the rest of the time is necessary for boiling, a period in which you can do anything else you want.
Leaving aside the cooking time, this soup is extraordinarily tasty and full of flavors. In addition, it is extremely nutritious and healthy, with all the ingredients bringing many benefits to your body (see details below).
As for the bread croutons, they belong to the classic way of serving cream soups. If you don’t like them, you can remove them from the recipe completely or replace them with a few pieces of fried bacon, this version of the soup being also exceptionally delicious!
Regarding the secrets of making this homemade soup, the most important thing is to boil the ingredients at low temperatures until the turkey meat is very tender. In this way, a very tasty stock is formed which in combination with the boiled meat will taste perfect!
Also, it’s very important to mash the vegetables very well, so that the cream soup has a fine texture.
Enjoy cooking cream of celery soup with turkey and bread croutons!
A cream soup is a soup prepared using cream, light cream, half and half, or milk as a key ingredient. Sometimes the dairy product is added at the end of the cooking process, such as after a cream soup has been puréed.
A cream soup will often have a soup base, prepared with ingredients such as onion, celery, garlic powder, celery salt, butter, bacon drippings, flour, salt, pepper, paprika, milk, light cream, and chicken stock or vegetable stock. Various vegetables or meats are then added to the base. Sometimes, leftover vegetables and meats are used in cream soups.Read more on Cream soup (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_soup)
1. Celery is a great source of important antioxidants
Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk. It’s also a wonderful source of phytonutrients, which have been shown to reduce instances of inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs.
2. Celery reduces inflammation
Chronic inflammation has been linked to many illnesses, including arthritis and osteoporosis. Celery and celery seeds have approximately 25 anti-inflammatory compounds that can offer protection against inflammation in the body.
3. Celery supports digestion
While its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients offer protection to the entire digestive tract, celery may offer special benefits to the stomach.
Pectin-based polysaccharides in celery, including a compound known as apiuman, have been shown to decrease instances of stomach ulcers, improve the lining of the stomach, and modulate stomach secretions in animal studies.
4. Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index
You’ll enjoy vitamins A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate when you eat celery. It’s also low in sodium. Plus, it’s low on the glycemic index, meaning it has a slow, steady effect on your blood sugar.
5. Celery has an alkalizing effect
With minerals like magnesium, iron, and sodium, celery can have a neutralizing effect on acidic foods — not to mention the fact that these minerals are necessary for essential bodily functions.Read more on 5 Healthy Benefits of Adding Celery to Your Diet (https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/health-benefits-of-celery)