Learn in this baking video how to make fruit cake at home using an old-fashioned fruit cake recipe with fresh or frozen cherry and chocolate!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY baking cakes at home!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 3 eggs
2) 200 g/7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 200 ml/7 fl oz of sunflower oil
4) 70 ml/2.5 fl oz of cold cow milk
5) 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
6) 10 g/0.35 oz of baking powder
7) 250 g/9 oz of all-purpose flour + some extra to flour the baking mold
8) 250 g/9 oz of seedless cheery or sour cherry, fresh or frozen
9) 200 g/7 oz of cooking chocolate
10) 100 g/3.5 oz of butter
11) 50 g/1.8 oz of almond flakes or crushed pistachio
1) break eggs into a bowl
2) place sugar over eggs, then combine them by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) pour sunflower oil and continue mixing
4) pour milk and continue mixing
5) add vanilla extract and baking powder, then mix
6) add flour and mix again by hand until smooth, then cover the bowl with foil and place it into the fridge for 1 hour
7) remove foil and place cherries into the bowl, then combine ingredients by hand
8) flour the baking mold, then pour dough inside
9) place the mold into the preheated oven at 200 C/390 F and bake until the fruit cake is golden brown on top and the core is no more sticky
10) take the cherry cake out of the mold and wait to cool to room temperature
11) place chocolate and butter into a saucepan, then put it over steam (bain-marie)
12) wait to melt butter and chocolate, combine ingredients from time to time and make a smooth fluid chocolate cream
13) pour chocolate icing over the cherry cake to coat it completely
14) wait about 3-5 minutes to harden a bit the glaze, then sprinkle over some almond flakes or crushed pistachio core
15) wait to harden completely the chocolate glaze before slicing the fruit cake
Most fruitcake recipes are prepared with candied or dried fruit, nuts, and various spices.
Fruitcake is very popular all over the world. There are a lot of fruitcake versions with or without icing.
In some countries like Canada fruitcake is prepared just during the Christmas season or for weddings, while in other countries such as Australia it’s served all throughout the year.
This old-fashioned cherry cake recipe is based on a traditional bundt cake recipe, often used both by my grandma and mum.
The homemade cake is very tasty and flavor-rich – the fluffy cake core with vanilla flavor is combined with the savory cherry or sour cherry taste, while the aristocratic chocolate aroma brings the cake to the next level!
The homemade cake recipe requires pretty few ingredients and just basic baking skills, so anybody can prepare it with great results in a short time.
As a result, you can serve it at breakfast, in the afternoon, or any time you want to relish fantastic sweet flavors!
Enjoy the traditional cake with fruit and chocolate!
Read more about the fruitcake origins here.