📖 Table of Contents
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipes: Homemade Cherry Fruit Cake
My old-fashioned cherry fruit cake recipe is one of the most delicious chocolate cherry cake recipes you have ever made at home!
➡️ Searching for homemade cherry fruit cake recipes in 2023? On this page, you can learn how to make a fruit cake with cherry and chocolate glaze in 15 steps at home. Cherry fruit cake is a delicacy that most people like because cherries are among the most popular fruits.
➡️ I’m a big fan of traditional cakes, but sometimes I like to modify them in creative ways to make new desserts to treat myself and my loved ones. My fresh cherry cake recipe helps you make an old-fashioned cake with simple and tasty ingredients such as fresh or frozen cheery or sour cherry and chocolate glaze.
➡️ Baking this cake with cherries and chocolate glaze is very simple, but despite this, the result is a fantastic dessert that you can hardly stop eating. Watch the video below and learn how to make fruit cake at home using an old-fashioned fruit cake recipe with fresh or frozen cherry and chocolate!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Cherry Fruit Cake with Chocolate from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for a homemade fruit cake with cherry and chocolate?
1) 3 eggs
2) 200 g/7 oz of granulated sugar
3) 200 ml/7 fl oz of sunflower oil
4) 70 ml/2.5 fl oz of cold cow milk
5) 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
6) 10 g/0.35 oz of baking powder
7) 250 g/9 oz of all-purpose flour + some extra to flour the baking mold
8) 250 g/9 oz of seedless cheery or sour cherry, fresh or frozen
9) 200 g/7 oz of cooking chocolate
10) 100 g/3.5 oz of butter
11) 50 g/1.8 oz of almond flakes or crushed pistachio
How to make a homemade fruit cake with cherry and chocolate from scratch?
1) break eggs into a bowl
2) place sugar over eggs, then combine them by mixer until sugar is dissolved completely
3) pour sunflower oil and continue mixing
4) pour milk and continue mixing
5) add vanilla extract and baking powder, then mix
6) add flour and mix again by hand until smooth, then cover the bowl with foil and place it into the fridge for 1 hour
7) remove foil and place cherries into the bowl, then combine ingredients by hand
8) flour the baking mold, then pour the dough inside
9) place the mold into the preheated oven at 200 C/390 F and bake until the fruit cake is golden brown on top and the core is no more sticky
10) take the cherry cake out of the mold and wait to cool to room temperature
11) place chocolate and butter into a saucepan, then put it over steam (bain-marie)
12) wait to melt butter and chocolate, combine ingredients from time to time and make a smooth fluid chocolate cream
13) pour chocolate icing over the cherry cake to coat it completely
14) wait about 3-5 minutes to harden the glaze, then sprinkle over some almond flakes or crushed pistachio core
15) wait to harden completely the chocolate glaze before slicing the cherry fruit cake
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Chocolate and Cherry Fruit Cake Recipe
➡️ Most fruit cake recipes are made with candied or dried fruit, nuts, and various spices. They are very popular all over the world. There are many versions of fruit cakes with or without icing.
➡️ In some countries, such as Canada, fruit cake is only made during the Christmas or wedding season, while in other countries such as Australia it is served year-round.
➡️ This old-fashioned cherry cake recipe is based on a traditional bundt cake recipe, often used by both grandma and mom. My homemade cake is very tasty and rich in flavors – the fluffy core of vanilla-flavored cake is combined with the taste of cherry or sour cherry, while the aristocratic chocolate flavor brings the cake to the next level!
➡️ Even though you might think that this is an old-fashioned homemade cake recipe, this cherry fruit cake has a modern spirit and is very easy to make. It requires quite a few ingredients and only basic baking skills, so anyone can prepare it with excellent results in a short time.
➡️ This traditional cherry fruit cake with a modern twist can be served simply or with tea, coffee, or even milk. It is especially suitable for dessert or as a sweet snack. As a result, you can serve it for breakfast, in the afternoon, or whenever you want to enjoy fantastic sweet flavors!
➡️ The homemade cherry fruit cake recipe is very versatile, as you can replace black cherries with other fruits such as sour cherries, raspberries, strawberries, and so on.
➡️ In conclusion, using this cherry fruit cake recipe, you can make an excellent dessert in a very short time and with just a few ingredients. Try this recipe once and you will probably use it several times this summer!
➡️ Enjoy the traditional chocolate and cherry fruit cake recipe from scratch! For additional info, read more on cherry cake!
Related Cherry Cake Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by