📖 Table of Contents
Chicken and Pasta Cooking: Classic Chicken Alfredo Pasta Recipe
Classic chicken Alfredo pasta is possibly the most delicious chicken pasta recipe you have ever cooked at home. View the recipe below!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
Classic Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside to rest.
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour the heavy cream into the skillet and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the cheese has melted.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts into thin strips
- Add the cooked fettuccine pasta and sliced chicken to the skillet with the Alfredo sauce. Toss gently to coat the pasta and chicken with the sauce.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve the Chicken Alfredo Pasta immediately and enjoy!
Cooking Tips for the Best Results:
- Cook the pasta until al dente, as it will continue to cook slightly in the sauce.
- Season the chicken breasts well before cooking to enhance their flavor.
- For a healthier twist, you can use whole wheat fettuccine pasta or substitute half of the heavy cream with low-fat milk or sour cream.
- Feel free to add additional vegetables to the dish, such as sautéed mushrooms, spinach, or sun-dried tomatoes, to add extra flavor and texture.
- Adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding more cream if you prefer a creamier texture or simmering for longer to thicken it further.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
FAQs about Chicken Alfredo Pasta
What is Chicken Alfredo Pasta?
Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a classic Italian dish that combines tender chicken, fettuccine pasta, and a creamy Alfredo sauce. It’s a rich and indulgent meal that is beloved for its velvety texture and savory flavors.
What ingredients do I need to make Chicken Alfredo Pasta?
The main ingredients for Chicken Alfredo Pasta are chicken breasts, fettuccine pasta, heavy cream, butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. You can also add herbs and spices like parsley or basil for extra flavor.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
While fettuccine is traditionally used in Chicken Alfredo Pasta, you can certainly experiment with other pasta shapes. Penne, linguine, or spaghetti can be great alternatives if you prefer a different texture or have them on hand.
Can I use pre-cooked chicken?
Yes, if you have leftover cooked chicken, you can shred or slice it and add it to the Alfredo sauce when combining with the pasta. It’s a convenient way to use up cooked chicken and save time in the kitchen.
Can I make a vegetarian version of Chicken Alfredo Pasta?
Absolutely! You can omit the chicken and add vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, or roasted cherry tomatoes to create a delicious vegetarian Alfredo pasta dish. Adjust the seasonings and cooking times accordingly.
How can I make a healthier version of Chicken Alfredo Pasta?
To make a lighter version, you can use low-fat milk instead of heavy cream, reduce the amount of butter, and opt for whole wheat or gluten-free pasta. You can also incorporate more vegetables into the dish for added nutrition.
How long does it take to make Chicken Alfredo Pasta?
The preparation and cooking time for Chicken Alfredo Pasta can vary, but on average, it takes around 30-40 minutes from start to finish. It may take longer if you’re also cooking the chicken from scratch.
Can I reheat leftovers of Chicken Alfredo Pasta?
Yes, you can reheat leftovers in the microwave or on the stovetop. It’s best to add a splash of milk or cream when reheating to help restore the creamy texture.
Can I freeze Chicken Alfredo Pasta?
While it’s possible to freeze this pasta dish, the sauce may separate upon thawing and reheating. It’s generally recommended to consume it fresh for the best taste and texture.
Can I customize the flavors of this recipe?
Absolutely! You can personalize your recipe by adding different herbs, spices, or ingredients. For example, you can include sun-dried tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms, or cooked bacon for extra depth of flavor.
➡️ For additional info, read more here. Also, I recommend you more delicious chicken pasta recipes available on this website such as chicken pasta primavera. Many more Italian pasta recipes are featured in my cookbooks Authentic Italian Pasta Recipes by Region, Best Italian Recipes: Italian Cookbook for Beginners, and Discovering Italian Cuisine: A Delightful Culinary Tour of Italian Recipes. Other tasty pasta recipes can be found in the cookbooks Cooking Spaghetti: 40 Mouth-Watering Spaghetti Recipes and Cooking One-Pot Pasta: Delicious, Easy, and Healthy Pasta Recipes for Busy Home Cooks.
📖 Cooking article by