📖 Table of Contents
My Homemade Chicken Bites Recipe for Dinner
Crispy chicken bites recipe without breadcrumbs is one of the easiest you have ever cooked!
➡️ Did you know that chicken bites recipes are extremely popular today not only in the United States but also in other parts of the world? This is due, first of all, to the fact that they are very tasty but also ready very quickly, so the time spent in the kitchen or waiting in the restaurant is short.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Chicken Bites from Scratch at Home
Crispy Chicken Bites without Breadcrumbs
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and dried thyme.
- Season the chicken bites with the spice mixture and toss well to coat evenly.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken bites to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer the chicken bites to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- To make sure that the chicken bites cook evenly, try to cut them into equal-sized pieces.
- If you don’t have dried oregano or thyme, you can substitute them with other dried herbs that you have on hand.
- You can also grill the chicken bites instead of baking them in the oven. Simply preheat your grill to medium-high heat, and grill the chicken bites for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through.
- For a little extra flavor, you can marinate the chicken bites in your favorite marinade for a few hours before cooking them.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the skillet when cooking the chicken bites, as this will prevent them from browning properly.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Cooking Chicken Bites Is A Breeze Even for Beginners!
➡️ Cooking chicken bites is easy and fun. You can cook chicken bites in the oven or on the grill, but also in the air fryer or in the pan. Once you learn how to cook chicken bites, you can make delicious chicken bites at home for your family or for even a party. The best part is that you can customize your chicken bites recipe to suit your personal taste and dietary needs.
➡️ A good chicken bites recipe allows you to cook great food in no time! Find one too! If you need additional info, read more on chicken nugget! Also, I recommend you more tasty fried chicken breast recipes available on this website such as Bulgarian chicken breast with lyutenitsa, Italian chicken Caprese recipe, pan-fried chicken breast with butter, honey mustard chicken, chicken Parmesan, and more.
FAQs about Chicken Bites
What are chicken bites?
Chicken bites are small, bite-sized pieces of chicken that are typically breaded and fried or baked until crispy. They are a popular appetizer or snack option.
How do I make chicken bites?
To make chicken bites, you’ll need boneless chicken breast or chicken tenders. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, coat them in a seasoned breading mixture, and then cook them either by frying in oil or baking in the oven.
What can I serve with chicken bites?
Chicken bites can be served with various dipping sauces such as barbecue sauce, honey mustard, ranch dressing, or buffalo sauce. They also pair well with side dishes like french fries, coleslaw, or a fresh salad.
Can I freeze chicken bites?
Yes, you can freeze chicken bites. After cooking, allow them to cool completely, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simply reheat them in the oven or air fryer.
Can I use different seasonings for chicken bites?
Absolutely! Chicken bites can be seasoned with a variety of herbs and spices to suit your taste preferences. Popular options include garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, or even a touch of lemon zest for added freshness.
Can I make chicken bites healthier?
Yes, you can make healthier versions of chicken bites by baking them instead of frying and using whole wheat or panko breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs. Additionally, you can experiment with using leaner cuts of chicken or even try a baked or grilled chicken tenderloin option.
Are chicken bites suitable for kids?
Chicken bites are often enjoyed by kids due to their small size and crispy texture. However, it’s important to consider individual dietary preferences and any potential allergies. It’s always a good idea to provide a variety of options to accommodate different tastes.
Can I use different sauces for my chicken bites recipe?
Yes, you can customize the flavor of your chicken bites recipe by using different sauces. Popular choices include sweet and sour sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic parmesan sauce, or even a homemade spicy mayo. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavors.
Can I make chicken bites in an air fryer?
Absolutely! Chicken bites can be cooked in an air fryer for a healthier alternative to deep-frying. Simply follow the recipe instructions for coating the chicken and then place the coated chicken bites in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook at the recommended temperature and time until they are crispy and golden brown.
Can I use different types of chicken for my chicken bites recipe?
Yes, you can use different types of chicken for making chicken bites recipes. Boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken tenders are commonly used, but you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs or even ground chicken for a different texture.
Related Chicken Breast Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by