Homemade chicken schnitzel recipes with breadcrumbs – how to make chicken breast schnitzel in the pan. Easy schnitzel recipe to cook German schnitzel with breadcrumbs and more simple and delicious ingredients like boneless chicken breast.
Learn in this video how to make chicken schnitzel with breadcrumbs in the pan by using a yummy and easy schnitzel recipe in the German style with boneless chicken breast!
SUPER DELICIOUS homemade chicken schnitzel recipe by www. HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1 kg / 35 oz of boneless chicken breast
2) salt and ground white pepper
3) 2-3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
4) 2-3 eggs
5) 2-3 tbsp of breadcrumbs
6) some sunflower oil to fry schnitzels
1) cut chicken breast in two halves lengthwise and, if the breast is too large (over 150 g / 5 oz), cut each half into two fillets lengthwise (view the video on how to cut the chicken breast for schnitzel)
2) season meat with salt and pepper to taste
3) break eggs and beat them up by a fork
4) coat each piece of meat with flour
5) put the meat into beaten egg, then coat it with breadcrumbs all over
6) pour some sunflower oil in the pan and wait for it to warm up
7) place chicken fillets into the pan and fry them over medium heat until the crust on the bottom side becomes golden, then flip schnitzels and fry them until the crust is golden all over
8) take chicken breast schnitzel out from the pan, drain oil, and place it on absorbent paper to remove any excess oil
The German chicken schnitzel recipe is a real delight and, therefore, it’s one of the most popular chicken recipes in many parts of the world and especially in Europe.
In order to get a juicy and tender chicken breast schnitzel, the fillets must have the right thickness – if they are too thin the meat will be dry, if they are too thick the meat will be raw.
Also, it’s very important to fry the meat over medium heat, not at high temperatures!
Keep in mind that the schnitzel is ready when the crust is golden, do not wait until it turns dark brown because then the crust becomes bitter and the meat is already dry.
Along with this homemade chicken schnitzel recipe, you can serve almost any side dish, however, I especially recommend mashed potatoes, fries, risotto, or even plain rice pilaf.
A fresh vegetable salad is also very suitable. Some of the vegetables I like to include into a salad served along with schnitzel are tomato, lettuce, cucumber, and onion, to name but a very few of them.
If you prefer, you can replace the salad with different sauce types such as mushroom sauce, parsley sauce, mustard, and so on.
Besides the chicken breast schnitzel with breadcrumbs, you can serve a dry or half-dry white wine, but also a cold beer.
By the way, if you don’t like breadcrumbs or you don’t have them at hand, you can still cook homemade chicken schnitzel by simply removing or not using breadcrumbs. The method is the same up to the step when you have to coat meat with breadcrumbs, that you simply can skip!
Enjoy the homemade chicken schnitzel recipe with breadcrumbs!
Read more about schnitzel origins here.