Final Notes for the Chicken Schnitzel Recipe Jagerschnitzel
- cut fillets from chicken breast only if it is medium or large in size, in case they are smaller, cook them as they are to avoid excessive drying of the meat
- although you can use any type of breadcrumbs in this chicken schnitzel recipe, I prefer a medium-grained variety for perfect texture
- fry red onions just enough to become slightly glassy and stir them frequently while frying because this variety of onion tends to burn quickly
- after rinsing, drain the canned mushrooms well to avoid the sauce being too watery, and use a large amount of cornstarch
- serve the schnitzel as soon as possible after it is ready because the fried chicken breast begins to harden on cooling and will no longer be juicy
- the use of parsley is not absolutely necessary, however, I recommend sprinkling it over the sauce both for appearance and extra flavor
➡️ Enjoy cooking chicken schnitzel recipes from scratch! For additional info, read more on schnitzel. Also, I recommend you to try other very tasty chicken schnitzel recipes such as chicken cordon bleu, German chicken breast schnitzel, French chicken schnitzel, chicken parmesan, pan-fried chicken strips, and oven-baked chicken tenders.