Learn in this video how to make breaded chicken legs by using a yummy and easy chicken schnitzel recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY German schnitzel! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) if you are using whole chicken legs, remove excess skin and back if necessary, then cut the leg on the joint into thigh and drumstick (view how to cut chicken leg into pieces)
2) rub the chicken with salt and pepper to enter inside the meat evenly, then cover the bowl with foil and place it in the fridge for about 1 hour (optional)
3) coat each chicken piece with flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs (exactly in this order) so that it finally has a smooth crust
4) pour oil into a frying pan, place it over medium heat and wait until the oil is hot
5) lay chicken pieces in the pan
6) fry the meat until the crust on the bottom side turns golden (2-4 minutes)
7) flip chicken schnitzels and wait until they turn completely golden (2-3 minutes), you need to fry larger drumsticks 1-2 minutes more with the joint placed vertically into the oil
8) take chicken leg schnitzel with breadcrumbs out from the pan and place it on absorbent paper to remove excess oil
Schnitzel is one of the most popular chicken recipes in many European countries. Chicken schnitzel can be prepared with breadcrumbs (Wiener schnitzel) or without breadcrumbs (Parisian schnitzel – view how to make chicken leg schnitzel without breadcrumbs).
This chicken schnitzel recipe is extremely tasty. Furthermore, chicken is tender, while the crust is crispy.
To get the best results, I recommend avoiding placing the schnitzel into a covered dish. If you do so, the schnitzel won’t be crunchy anymore because the crumb is softened by steam.
Enjoy this German chicken schnitzel recipe with breadcrumbs!
You can read more about different schnitzel types here.