Easy chicken soup recipes – how to make vegetable chicken soup with semolina dumplings. Hungarian chicken soup recipe to cook a soup with chicken breast, semolina dumplings, and boiled vegetables.
View this video about how to make chicken soup with semolina dumplings by using the very best vegetable chicken soup recipe in the Hungarian style!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1.5 kg / 50 oz of bone-in chicken breast with skin or a whole chicken
2) 1 yellow onion
3) 2 tbsp of coarse salt or to taste
4) 1 tbsp of black peppercorn or to taste
5) 2 tbsp of dehydrated vegetables (optional)
6) 1.5 kg / 50 oz of mixed root vegetables (carrot, parsnip root, parsley root, celery root)
7) chopped parsley leaves to taste (optional)
1) 2 eggs
2) 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
3) 8 tbsp of semolina
4) a pinch of salt
1) place chicken breast or whole chicken in a large pot (8-10 l / 270-340 fl oz)
2) remove outer sheets from onion, cut the ends, and add it to the pot
3) season the chicken soup with salt, peppercorn, and dehydrated vegetables to taste
4) peel root vegetables off, cut them into thicker sticks, then place sticks into the crock
5) fill the pot up with water, then place it to the stovetop over low temperature
6) boil the soup until both chicken and vegetables are soft, in the meantime remove the foam forming on the surface with a tablespoon several times to cook a very clear vegetable chicken soup
7) take meat and vegetables out from the chicken broth, then
pass chicken broth through a sieve to remove all impurities and have a clear soup
8) place the pot with chicken broth (3-4 ladles/serving) over low temperature and wait to warm up
9) meanwhile, break eggs into a bowl, then beat them up with a fork and season with some salt to taste
10) add sunflower oil, semolina, and a pinch of salt, then combine ingredients by hand until you get a very smooth dough
11) when the broth is very hot, place in the broth dough pieces of the size of about half a tablespoon
12) wait to rise semolina dumplings to the soup surface, it takes usually 3-5 minutes and is the sign they are soft and boiled
13) cover the pot with a lid and wait about 15 minutes before serving (recommended) – in this way semolina dumplings will be very fluffy from the steam which is accumulating in the pot
14) in the meantime, remove skin and bone from chicken breast or whole chicken and cut meat into strips or medium-sized chunks
15) serve 2-3 ladles of soup with several semolina dumplings into a deep plate, then add 1-2 boiled root vegetables and 1-2 chicken breast strips
16) sprinkle over the chicken soup with semolina dumplings some chopped parsley leaves and grind some black pepper for a more spicy taste (optional)
Vegetable chicken soup with semolina dumplings is one of the favorite chicken soup recipes in many families.
Actually, this soup is among the most beloved soup recipes in many Eastern European and Balkan countries including Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Croatia, and so on.
The chicken soup recipe is appreciated especially in wintertime when the low temperatures and humid weather inspire people to eat hot soup!
In addition, vegetable chicken soup with semolina dumplings is very nourishing and this means you don’t need to eat anything else along with it.
Maybe you think that cooking a larger amount of food is not suitable for you. Probably you don’t know that chicken broth, boiled chicken, and vegetables can be stored separately in the fridge for a few days, so you can prepare fresh soup for your family or your friends whenever you want.
Furthermore, if you didn’t know until now, chicken broth can be stored in the freezer for a couple of months and used for soup or risotto.
Besides dumplings, chicken broth is very good with noodles. This is the reason for which I cook chicken noodle soup by using this recipe. Cooking method is the same, excepting the final part when you replace semolina dumplings with noodles.
Many people already cooked chicken soup recipes and were not satisfied with the result because the soup was hazy.
To enjoy the best results when making chicken soup with semolina dumplings, you have just to follow two very important cooking tips to get a clear broth: to remove the foam from the surface as it’s forming and to boil the soup over low temperature.
Those who prefer turkey instead of chicken can replace it with ease. Turkey broth is cooked identically, so you can easily enjoy turkey noodle soup or turkey soup with semolina dumplings made in the same way.
If you didn’t eat Hungarian soup until now, I recommend this chicken soup with semolina dumplings. Probably, it will like you much and, therefore, you’ll include it on the soup list that you cook very often!
Enjoy chicken soup recipe with semolina dumplings!
No, this semolina dumplings recipe doesn’t need baking powder.
Read more about the Hungarian chicken soup here.