📖 Table of Contents
Making Chickpea Salads at Home
Some of the most delicious appetizer salad recipes you have ever made!
➡️ Do you have a chickpea salad recipe that you just love? I do even more, and I often use them to prepare delicious dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not to mention that any chickpea salad is perfect as party food or as an appetizer or picnic snack.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Chickpea Salad from Scratch at Home
Plant-Based Recipes Cookbook
If you’re ready to experience the taste of delicious plant-based recipes, look no further than the “Quick and Delicious Plant-Based Recipes” cookbook.
Chickpea Salad with Tomatoes and Red Onions
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or diced regular tomatoes)
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, and diced red onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture and toss to combine.
- Add the chopped parsley and mint to the salad and toss again to distribute evenly.
- Chill the salad for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the chickpea salad as a side dish or as a main course, garnished with additional herbs if desired.
- Be sure to rinse the canned chickpeas well before using them in the salad. This helps to remove any excess sodium and improve the texture of the chickpeas.
- If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, you can substitute with any type of ripe tomatoes.
- For an extra burst of flavor, try adding some crumbled feta cheese to the salad.
- This salad is also delicious with some toasted pita bread or served over a bed of greens.
- If you have time, let the salad marinate in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and make the salad even more delicious.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Whip Up Delicious Chickpea Salad In No Time!
➡️ When I make any chickpea salad recipe, I use canned chickpeas because it’s handy in any supermarket, you don’t have to cook them anymore and they’re cheap. Of course, you can make a salad using chickpeas bought directly from farmers, but you will need more time to use them in your recipes because you need to soak dried or raw chickpeas overnight to further enhance their nutrients and lower their cooking time.
➡️ Chickpea salad recipes are easy to make, very tasty, and improve the health of your body! If you need more info, read more on chickpea! Also, I recommend you more resources for healthy eating including my cookbooks Healthy Breakfast Ideas: Quick and Easy Recipes for a Nutritious Start to Your Day, 75 Healthy Lunch Ideas: A Cookbook of Nutritious and Tasty Meals, 100+ Healthy Dinner Ideas: Delicious and Nutritious Meals for the Whole Family, Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss in a Delicious Way: Lose Weight with Nutritious and Tasty Meals, and Effective Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan for 15 Days.
Related Chickpea Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by