Easy chocolate babka recipes – how to make chocolate babka bread at home. Homemade chocolate bread recipe to prepare an easy chocolate babka or chocolate yeast bread for Christmas, Easter, and other holidays.
Learn in this video how to make chocolate babka cake at home from scratch by using an easy chocolate bread recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) first, prepare sweet leavened dough as described in the associated video or by using another recipe on your choice
2) divide the dough into two equal parts, then stretch each of them into sheets of about 1 cm/0.4 inches thickness and of the size of the tray you are going to use to bake chocolate babka
3) stretch about 2-4 tablespoons of chocolate cream in two strips on each dough sheet, just like in the video
4) over each babka bread sprinkle some chocolate flakes along the chocolate cream strips
5) roll filled dough sheets as tight as possible and seal their ends
6) place the sweet bread rolls into baking-paper coated rectangular pans of about 23×33 cm/9×13 inches
7) cover the pans, place it into a warmish place, and wait to leaven the dough for about 20-30 minutes
8) break the egg, beat it up by the fork, then brush chocolate babka tops all over
9) put the pans into the preheated oven at 180 C/360F and wait until the chocolate babka bread is golden brown on top (about 30-40 minutes)
10) take the pans out from the oven and wait until the chocolate cake cools to room temperature
11) take the cake out from the pan, then slice it up as desired
Babka cake is a loaf bread type filled with different ingredients such as chocolate, cinnamon powder, apple, sweet cheese, and so on.
Babka has Jewish origins, but the recipe was adopted and adapted by many countries and especially some from Eastern Europe like Ukraine, Russia, Poland, and so on.
The chocolate filling is, probably, the most popular for babka cake. Needless to say, this loaf bread type is very tasty with other fillings as well. Besides chocolate, one of my favorites is babka filled with sweet cheese.
Basically, making this chocolate babka recipe is very easy for those who have some experience in the kitchen.
However, the babka bread recipe is explained step by step, so anyone will be able to make this loaf bread by watching the video and reading the instructions.
There are not too many cooking tips to share regarding this chocolate babka recipe.
The most important is to allow the dough to leaven enough, both when you prepare it and after you filled and placed it into the pan.
Babka bread recipe is very tasty and this is the reason why it is so popular in the origin countries but also in some parts of the US such as New York.
Babka cake is usually served as a dessert. However, it’s very tasty along with a glass of milk, so I often eat it at breakfast when I need high energy in the morning hours!
Enjoy chocolate babka recipe!
Read more about the babka cake origins here.