📖 Table of Contents
Homemade Chocolate Nut Roll Recipes: Puff Pastry Walnut and Chocolate Rolls
My walnut and chocolate rolls recipe is possibly the most delicious chocolate nut roll recipe you’ve ever baked at home!
➡️ Are you looking for the best homemade walnut roll recipes in 2023? On this webpage, you’ll find out how to make walnut rolls with chocolate in 15 steps at home.
➡️ My easy chocolate and walnut cake recipe helps you to prepare a homemade cake with simple and tasty ingredients like puff pastry dough and chocolate cream.
➡️ Watch the baking video below and learn how to make nut rolls with chocolate filling using a tasty and easy puff pastry dessert recipe!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Make Chocolate Nut Rolls from Scratch
What ingredients do you need to make walnut rolls with chocolate?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of puff pastry
2) 100 g/3.5 oz of walnut core
3) 100 g/3.5 of dark chocolate for cooking
4) 16 tbsp of chocolate creams like Nutella or another similar type
5) zest from an orange
6) 50 ml/1.7 fl oz fresh orange juice
7) 250 g/9 oz of caster sugar
How to make chocolate walnut rolls from scratch?
1) unpack pastry dough
2) crush coarsely walnut core and cooking chocolate
3) place chocolate cream on the dough sheet and spread it into a layer
4) sprinkle evenly walnut core all over the chocolate layer
5) sprinkle crushed cooking chocolate over walnuts
6) grate zest from orange all over
7) roll slowly the dough and filling as tight as possible
8) cut the roll into rounds of about 2-3 finger width
9) line a tray with baking paper and place over the rounds, leave a place between them
10) place the tray in the preheated oven at the highest temperature (250 C/480 F) for about 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 C/360 F and bake walnut rolls until golden (about 20-25 minutes)
11) take the tray out from the oven and wait to cool this easy walnut cake to room temperature
12) meanwhile, cut the orange into two halves and squeeze the juice to get about 50 ml/1.7 fl oz of liquid
13) place caster sugar into a bowl and add over the juice, then stir ingredients until you get a smooth paste with a creamy consistency
14) spread the orange icing over the walnut rolls and wait to harden
15) take the rolls out from the tray one by one with care to avoid breaking them
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Chocolate Walnut Cake Rolls Recipe with Puff Pastry
➡️ When you hear about walnut rolls, the first thought leads you, probably, to a roll cake with a walnut filling and leavened dough. Indeed, classic nut roll recipes feature these main ingredients in various combinations. So, if you’re in search of such a recipe, I recommend the German walnut roll and the homemade walnut roll.
➡️ However, besides the old-fashioned nut roll recipes mentioned above that I simply love, you can make walnut rolls with a modern spirit, just like the recipe shared on this page.
➡️ Many people are looking for quick recipes because modern life takes place at a fast pace. The huge disadvantage of cakes based on leavened dough is the long time needed for leavening. As a result, we need quick walnut cake recipes when we don’t have much time at our disposal to bake a good homemade cake.
➡️ So, I’ve created this modern chocolate nut cake that will enchant you and your family! It combines the refined walnut taste with the mesmerizing chocolate flavor and both are combined with crunchy puff pastry. The final result is a mouth-watering homemade nut cake that is simply overwhelming because of its incredibly good taste!
➡️ Additionally, the recipe is so simple and easy that anyone can make it with the best results. Therefore, I don’t have baking tips to share in regard to it. You need just to spread the puff pastry dough, add the fillings, and bake it – there is no easier way to make a homemade cake!
➡️ Enjoy baking puff pastry walnut cakes from scratch! For additional info, read more about the walnut roll origins here.
Related Walnut Cake Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by