Easy string bean recipe to cook a classic casserole with fresh or frozen green beans and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video how to make a string bean casserole from scratch by using a tasty and easy green bean casserole recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade green bean casserole recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of fresh or frozen green beans (you can use both string beans and yellow beans)
2) 200 g/7 oz of red onions
3) some salt or salt red pepper paste for food seasoning
4) 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
5) 3 tbsp of tomato puree or 0.5l/17.5 fl oz of thick tomato broth
6) a bundle of fresh parsley leaves
7) some sour cream for serving (optional)
1) rinse fresh green beans, remove ends, and cut them into smaller pieces, then place them into a pot (when you’re using frozen green beans, you need just to rinse and place them into the pot because they are usually cut)
2) peel off, chop, and place onions into the pot
3) season with some salt or salt red pepper paste to taste
4) pour water into the pot just enough to cover the ingredients, then pour vegetable oil
5) put the pot on the stove over medium heat and boil the ingredients until tender (about 20 minutes)
6) place tomato puree into the pot and boil the food about 10 minutes more or until the sauce is low (you need to boil the green bean casserole a bit more if you’re using tomato broth)
7) meanwhile, chop the parsley finely, then add it into the pot, turn the stove off, then place the lid on the pot and wait for about 5 minutes before serving
8) when serving this classic green bean casserole, top each plate with a spoon of sour cream (optional)
A vegetable casserole is one of my favorite dishes. As a result, I cook often such recipes with all kinds of vegetables, both fresh and frozen.
Among the vegetables that I use frequently to cook vegetable casserole are green beans. I love all types of beans, no matter it’s about string beans, wax yellow beans, string yellow beans, or another variety.
During the green bean season, I buy it from the market whenever I have the opportunity. In winter, I use frozen green beans and sometimes even canned green beans. Therefore, you can cook this classic homemade green bean casserole recipe with any variety you have at hand.
As for the homemade green bean casserole recipe, its preparation is extremely simple and quick, so I think everyone will like it.
The cooking time is even shorter when you use canned or frozen green beans, but even in the case of fresh ones, it doesn’t take you long to prepare it.
On top of that, the cooking time is quite short, so in about 30 minutes you can serve a very tasty, healthy, and nutritious dish.
The homemade green bean casserole can be served if you want to enjoy a vegetarian dish or as a side dish along with meat. The recipe goes perfectly with fried meat such as grilled pork, but also with chicken schnitzel.
Of course, many other meat dishes can be combined with this simple but delicious classic green bean casserole recipe and I think it’s all up to your imagination to find the right one for you!
Enjoy the classic green bean casserole recipe!
More information about green bean varieties is available here.