Cold eggplant salad recipes – how to make roasted eggplant salad with mayonnaise. Easy eggplant dip recipe to make a simple salad with roasted eggplant, mayonnaise, and onion.
Learn in this video how to make roasted eggplant salad with mayonnaise from scratch like baba ganoush by using an easy roasted eggplant recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1 kg / 35 oz of roasted eggplant
2) 2 hard-boiled egg yolks
3) 2 raw egg yolks
4) 1 tbsp of mustard
5) 400 ml / 13.5 fl oz of sunflower oil
6) 1 small onion (20 g / 0.7 oz), finely chopped
7) salt and ground black pepper to taste
8) finely chopped greenery (parsley, dill or mint) – optional
1) chop the roasted eggplant, by hand or by kitchen robot
2) place the boiled egg yolks into a bowl, then crush them by fork
3) add mustard and raw egg yolks, then combine well the ingredients
4) pour little sunflower oil while stirring energetically with a wooden spoon (recommended)
5) pour rest of oil slowly while combining the mayonnaise by mixer, 6) the mayonnaise is ready when has a creamy consistency
7) place chopped eggplant into the mayonnaise
8) add the finely chopped onion
9) season with salt to taste, ad some ground black pepper if you like
10) mix well ingredients by the wooden spoon to incorporate air and make the cold eggplant salad fluffy
11) add some chopped greenery for more freshness and mix again
Roasted eggplant is one of the most refined ingredients to make salad recipes.
It can also be done with mayonnaise bought from the store if you do not have much time available to make it at home.
I recommend you to chop the eggplant manually to have some texture, so the eggplant salad will have a more pronounced taste.
When you chop it by the kitchen robot, the eggplant will have a pasty consistency.
You can serve this eggplant dip as an open sandwich with fresh bread and local cheese or Greek feta (it’s a real treat!).
Yes, there are available different roasted eggplant salad recipes without mayonnaise.
Enjoy the roasted eggplant salad with mayonnaise!
You can read more about eggplant salads and appetizers here.