Cold green bean salad recipes – how to make green bean salad with mayonnaise and garlic. Easy green bean recipe to prepare a salad appetizer with simple and tasty ingredients like fresh or canned green beans, garlic, mayonnaise, and raw carrots.
View this video about how to make green bean salad with mayonnaise and garlic by using a yummy and easy green bean salad appetizer recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 1 kg / 35 oz of boiled green beans (you can use fresh, frozen or canned green beans)
2) 250 g /9 oz of mayonnaise, homemade or bough
3) 250 g / 9 oz of sour cream
4) 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
5) a pinch of granulated sugar
6) salt and ground white pepper
7) a few garlic cloves to taste (I use about half a head of garlic)
8) chopped parsley leaves to taste (you can replace it with dill or basil)
9) 1 medium-sized carrot
1) prepare green beans – if using fresh or frozen beans you should cut it into smaller pieces, boil it until slightly soft (al dente) in salted water, then drain water off and wait to cool beans; if you use canned beans, just rinse and drain them
2) place mayonnaise into a bowl and add over sour cream
3) add mustard, a pinch of sugar, salt, pepper, then crush over a few garlic cloves to taste and combine ingredients well until you get a smooth sauce
4) add some chopped parsley leaves and mix again
5) place green beans into mayonnaise sauce and combine ingredients gently by hand
6) peel carrot off, then grate it over green bean salad with mayonnaise and stir again ingredients gently
7) sprinkle over salad some parsley leaves to garnish the top (optional), then place the green bean salad into the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving (recommended)
I prepare it as many times as I have an opportunity. Since it can be served all throughout the year, I make this salad with fresh green beans, frozen green beans, or canned green beans, depending on which of them I have at hand. The result is the same and the salad is delicious any time I serve it!
Cold green bean salad can be prepared both with French green beans and yellow beans. I often use fresh yellow beans during summer because this variety seems more nourishing than string green beans. Plus, yellow beans are abundant in the region where I live.
However, during winter, I use mostly canned green beans to make this salad appetizer that often turns to a side dish along with pork roast.
As you probably observed, I’ve put a lot of garlic in this green bean salad because I simply love the combination of mayonnaise sauce, carrot, and green beans with strong garlic aroma. Of course, you can use less garlic according to your taste.
If you want to make a lighter version of this salad, you might replace mayonnaise and sour cream with yogurt. However, fresh bean salad with yogurt has to be served shortly after you prepare it and can’t be stored like the version with mayonnaise.
Fresh bean salad is also a great choice for a tasty and quick breakfast – you can serve it as a sandwich or an open sandwich.
Cold green bean salad with mayonnaise can be served also as a side dish in the torrid summer days. I like to eat grilled chicken with cold green bean salad to enjoy a tasty and hearty dinner without feeling bloated.
Enjoy cold green bean salad with mayonnaise!
Read more about different bean salad types here.