Easy fried cabbage recipe to cook cabbage in the oven with wine and more simple and tasty ingredients.
Learn in this video the best method for cooking cabbage with wine from scratch by using a yummy and easy fried cabbage recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY cooking cabbage with wine! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) remove outer withered leaves from the cabbage head if necessary, then cut it in two halves, remove stub from both parts, then cut each piece in two halves
2) shred or wedge each cabbage quarter into thin strips
3) salt cabbage and mix thoroughly to combine ingredients well
4) wait at least 2 hours for the salt to extract water from the cabbage
5) squeeze water and salt well from the cabbage wedges
6) place cabbage into a tray and spread it in a layer
7) season cabbage with ground black pepper to taste
8) flavor cabbage with cumin (optional)
9) pour oil all over the cabbage layer
10) pour wine over cabbage, then mix ingredients to combine well
11) place the tray in the oven at 200 C / 390 F and bake until the cabbage is golden (about 30 minutes)
12) set the oven at the maximum temperature and roast the cabbage if you like a more crunchy texture (optional), this step takes about 10 minutes more
13) take the tray out from the oven at wait about 10-15 minutes before serving for the cabbage to absorb the wine from the tray (recommended)
Cabbage is a vegetable featured in many food recipes. Even if cabbage is used primarily for salad, there are lots of recipes that use this delicious veggie to cook main or side dishes.
Baked cabbage or fried cabbage in the oven is certainly one of the most appreciated ways to cook cabbage. Both red and white cabbage can be baked.
Some people like to bake cabbage in large chunks, but I like more to cook it in this way after I shred or wedge it. I consider that so the cabbage is tastier, plus the cooking time is much shorter.
The fried cabbage presented on this page is extremely simple. Basically, you have just to thin the cabbage by shredding or wedging, then you place it into a tray, add some spices and wine, and that’s all! I think that anyone will find this recipe very easy and useful!
Sure, if you don’t drink alcoholic beverages, you can remove wine from the recipe. However, a good, quality, wine makes a huge difference with the added aroma that combines perfectly with white cabbage and spices.
Sometimes, I want to make roasted cabbage instead of baked cabbage. The only thing you need to make by using this recipe is to leave the tray in the oven a couple of minutes more and you already have the roasted cabbage in the oven!
Regarding the serving, the baked shredded cabbage, as well as the roasted shredded cabbage, is a side dish. It fits very well with various roasted meat types such as roasted chicken, grilled pork, baked sausage, and many more.
Enjoy cooking cabbage with wine or fried cabbage in the oven!
More information about different cabbage dishes here.