Learn in this video how to cook cauliflower soup from scratch by using a tasty and easy vegetable soup recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade Hungarian food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 1 kg/35 oz of carrots
2) 0.5 kg/17 oz of parsley or parsnip root
3) 200 g/7 oz of bell peppers
4) salt or salted red pepper paste
5) 50 ml/1.7 fl oz of sunflower oil
6) 200 g/7 oz of tomatoes
7) 2 kg/70 oz of white cauliflower, fresh or frozen
8) a bundle of fresh parsley leaves
9) some sour cream for serving (optional)
10) 1-2 chili peppers for serving (optional)
1) peel carrots and parsnip root off, chop, and place them into a high pot (of about 8-10 l/270-340 fl oz capacity)
2) remove seeds and stub from bell peppers, chop, and place them into the pot
3) season vegetables with some salt or salted red pepper paste
4) pour a little sunflower oil and a little water just enough to cover the vegetables in the pot
5) place the pot on the stovetop over high temperature and simmer vegetables for about 10 minutes to soften a bit
6) meanwhile, chop tomatoes, cut cauliflower into smaller florets of the desired size, then place both of them into the pot
7) reduce temperature to medium-low, fill the pot up with water, then boil the soup until cauliflower is soft (about 30-40 minutes)
8) in the meantime, chop parsley leaves finely and cut chili peppers into thin slices if used
9) when vegetables are soft, add chopped parsley to the pot, mix, and wait about 5 minutes before serving
10) place 2-3 ladles of soup into a plate, then add 1 tbsp of sour cream, and a few slices of chili peppers
Hungarians love to eat meat of any kind, still they like vegetables in equal measure. As a result, Hungarian cuisine has lots of vegetable salad and vegetable soup recipes.
Cauliflower is one of the mostly used vegetables in Hungary. Therefore, cooking cauliflower soup is one of the basic skills learned by young people in this European country.
Many of you are more familiar with cauliflower cream soup recipes and less with cauliflower soups cooked in larger pieces. This is especially true for many western countries whose cuisine is majorly influenced by French cuisine.
However, cauliflower soup can be cooked in many ways and the recipe I show you on this page is one of the simplest and fastest.
Despite its simplicity and short cooking time, cauliflower soup with vegetables is very nutritious and tasty.
It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals, so I recommend it to balance your diet, especially if you serve large amounts of meat.
Being so easy to cook, I don’t have many secrets to share regarding the preparation of this vegetable soup. However, I share a few thoughts about cooking it to get the best results.
First of all, I recommend using fresh vegetables ripe in the sun whenever you have the opportunity. I know that the vegetables in the market are more expensive than those in the supermarket, but their quality is also different.
Of course, when I can’t buy this type of vegetable, I also use the ones from the store and in winter I even use frozen vegetables to cook it.
Another piece of advice I give you is to cook the soup slowly after the initial stage of sautéing the root and hard vegetables. Cooking cauliflower soup is fast and easy, so don’t rush to finish it too quickly. Cauliflower tastes much better when cooked slowly!
Enjoy cooking cauliflower soup!
More information about cooking cauliflower soup is available here.