Easy slow roast beef recipe for cooking roast beef in the oven with simple and tasty ingredients like wine and vegetables.
Learn in this video how to make a roasted beef in the oven with wine sauce by using a yummy and easy slow roast beef recipe for gourmets!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe for cooking roast beef by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! ?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 2 kg/70 oz of boneless beef shank or another beef cut on your choice
2) 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour
3) 3 tbsp of pork lard or vegetable oil
4) 700 g/25 oz of onions
5) 300 g/10 oz of celery root
6) 100 g/3.5 oz of parsnip root
7) 100 g/3.5 oz of carrots
8) some garlic cloves to taste
9) salt and ground black pepper
10) some celery leaves (optional)
11) 500 ml/17 fl oz of lukewarm beef stock or water for the roast
12) 500 ml/17 fl oz of lukewarm beef stock or water for the sauce
13) 700 ml/24 fl oz of dry red wine
14) 2-3 tbsp of red wine vinegar
15) 2 tbsp of butter at room temperature
16) some chipped greenery for garnishing like parsley, dill, or coriander (optional)
1) cut beef shank into slices of about one finger thickness
2) coat meat slices with flour on both sides
3) place pork lard or vegetable oil into a skillet, place skillet to the stovetop over very high temperature, and wait until lard or oil is hot
4) place the beef into skillet and roast until brown on both sides (around 2-3 minutes on each side)
5) peel onions off and cut them into thicker rounds
6) place onions into a higher tray or pot
7) peel celery root off and cube it small
8) peel parsnip root off and cut it into rounds
9) peel carrots off and cut it into rounds
10) peel a few garlic cloves off
11) place all vegetables into the pot
12) place roasted beef pieces over vegetables into a layer
13) season roast beef with salt and pepper to taste, then add some celery leaves to the pot if used for more flavor
14) pour beef stock or water into the pot
15) pour red wine into the pot
16) place pot into the oven at 150 C/300 F and wait to soften all ingredients (2-3 hours)
17) take slow roast beef slices out from the tray, put them aside, and cover it with foil to remain warm
18) transfer baked vegetables and sauce from the pot into a skillet
19) crush vegetables with a vertical blender or a fork until you get a fine paste
20) pour beef stock or water over the vegetable paste, mix ingredients, and simmer sauce over very low temperature until it starts bubbling, stir occasionally
21) add vinegar and butter, season with salt and ground black pepper to taste, and boil sauce for about 1-2 minutes more
22) add about 1 spoon of flour to the sauce if you want a thicker consistency, mix, and boil the sauce for 2 minutes more (optional)
23) serve each slow roast beef slice with about 1-2 ladles of wine sauce on top
24) sprinkle some chopped greenery over food (optional)
Slow roast beef is at top of preferences for many people when it comes to the best beef recipes. Cooking roast beef is a true pleasure to me since I and my family love roasted beef in the oven!
This roasted beef recipe is very tasty and pretty easy to make. Sure, it takes some time to cook this food, but how otherwise could you make a tender and juicy roast than by roasting slowly the meat?
Roasted beef with wine sauce is especially refined both because of the many flavors and the wine sauce prepared in the end. Of course, you can skip making sauce and serve simply beef with baked vegetables next to it.
However, I recommend you cooking roast beef with wine sauce because making sauce is very easy and your dish and presentation will amaze your family and friends!
Enjoy cooking roast beef with wine!
Read more about cooking roast beef here!