📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed Bell Peppers with Tomato Sauce
My stuffed peppers in tomato sauce recipe is one of the most delicious stuffed bell pepper recipes you ever cooked!
➡️ Looking for the best way for cooking stuffed bell peppers in 2023? On this page, you can find out how to cook stuffed peppers with mincemeat, rice, and tomato sauce from scratch in 13 steps at home. Stuffed peppers are a kind of food that you can find almost all over the planet with various fillings and cooked in different ways.
➡️ One of my favorite stuffed pepper recipes is the one where I stuff the peppers with minced meat and rice and then boil them in a tomato broth. So, my American stuffed peppers recipe helps you discover the best methods for cooking stuffed bell peppers with minced meat, rice, tomato sauce, and more simple and tasty ingredients.
➡️ Cooking stuffed bell peppers is very simple even for a person who does not have much experience in food preparation. All you have to do is mix the ingredients for the filling, stuff the peppers, and then boil them at a low temperature. Simple as ABC! Learn below how to make stuffed bell peppers with minced meat, rice, and tomato sauce using a yummy and easy stuffed peppers recipe from scratch!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Stuffed Bell Peppers in Tomato Sauce from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for cooking stuffed bell peppers in tomato sauce?
1) 18-22 medium-sized bell peppers
2) 1 kg/35 oz of mince (pork mince, beef mince, lamb mince)
3) 1 egg
4) 500 g/17.5 oz of parboiled rice
5) 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
6) some sunflower oil
7) 1 l/35 fl oz of concentrated tomato broth
8) salt and ground black pepper to taste
9) lovage and dill leaves to taste
How to cook stuffed peppers from scratch?
1) remove stubs and seeds without breaking peppers, just like in the video
2) place mincemeat into a bowl, then break over an egg
3) add rice to the bowl, then combine ingredients by hand
4) fill peppers up with the previously made mixture, press gently the filling to remove air
5) peel the onion off, chop it finely, then place it into a high pot
6) fry the onion over medium temperature with some sunflower oil until glassy
7) pour about 500 ml/17.5 fl oz of warm water into the pot to stop frying, then put a layer of stuffed peppers next to each other with the hole upwards
8) pour tomato broth into the pot, then season food with salt and ground black pepper to taste
9) put in the pot some fresh lovage and dill leaves to taste for more flavor
10) add to the pot the rest of the stuffed peppers with the hole upwards, next to each other, just like you did previously
11) place a heavy and high-temperature proof lid over the peppers to avoid floating during boiling, then fill the pot up with warm water just to cover the peppers
12) place the pot on the stovetop and boil stuffed peppers with mince and rice over low temperature until all ingredients are soft and the tomato sauce has lowered
13) serve the mince stuffed peppers recipe with tomato sauce as desired
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for Cooking Stuffed Peppers with Tomato Sauce
➡️ Stuffed bell peppers are among many countries’ most popular food recipes. They can be filled with various fillings, such as chopped vegetables, rice, and minced meat.
➡️ It seems that bell peppers stuffed with minced meat are prepared mainly in the USA, where minced beef is used, and in some countries in Central America and Europe, where minced pork or a combination of pork and beef is used most often.
➡️ In fact, there are probably thousands of recipes for cooking bell peppers stuffed with various ingredients and assorted sauces.
➡️ The rice and mince stuffed bell peppers recipe can be baked in the oven or cooked on the stove. There are also some recipes that require frying stuffed peppers.
➡️ In general, stuffed peppers are boiled in water. However, I think boiling in tomato sauce makes stuffed peppers even tastier! This is why I call them “American stuffed peppers!”
➡️ If you have not yet cooked a stuffed bell peppers recipe so far, I recommend you do it because it is a very tasty and filling food and is just perfect for the hot summer days. I assure you that your family and friends will be very happy and will praise your culinary creation. Of course, you will always have to prepare stuffed peppers from that moment on!
➡️ Enjoy cooking stuffed bell peppers with minced meat, rice, and tomato sauce from scratch! For additional info, read more about stuffed bell peppers here.
Related Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by