Easy cream puffs recipe (choux a la creme) with homemade vanilla custard filling, choux pastry, and more simple and tasty ingredients in the French style.
View this video about how to make French choux a la creme by using a yummy and easy cream puffs recipe with homemade pastry, vanilla custard filling, and whipped cream!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 300 ml/10 fl oz of sweet cream
2) some caster sugar for garnishing
1) first, prepare choux dough – pour water in a saucepan, add pork lard, and season with salt to taste
2) place the saucepan on the stovetop over high temperature and wait to start boiling while combining ingredients
3) reduce the temperature when the water is hot and add flour, then stir energetically to combine well ingredients until you get a smooth pastry dough
4) wait to cool pastry dough to room temperature
5) second, prepare vanilla custard – place sugar over egg yolks and combine them by hand, add some milk to work easier
6) when the mixture is smooth, add again some milk and flour, then combine by hand
7) add semolina and combine ingredients again until you get a fine paste, without lumps
8) place the rest of the milk in a pot and place it over medium temperature
9) when milk is hot, add vanilla extract and the previously prepared mixture while stirring continuously
10) reduce temperature and continue stirring until you get a smooth vanilla custard
11) wait to cool vanilla cream for about 5-10 minutes
12) whip egg whites with a pinch of salt by mixer until hard
13) add gradually egg white to cream and combine ingredients gently
14) after you added the entire egg white amount and the custard is smooth, wait to cool to room temperature
15) when pastry dough is cold, break over it eggs one by one and combine ingredients by hand until smooth (DO NOT add the next egg until the mixture is NOT smooth!)
16) third, bake choux pastry – coat a tray with baking paper, then add dough pieces with a spoon, just like in the video
17) place the tray in the preheated oven at the highest temperature and wait until choux pastry is golden
18) wait to cool pastry shells to room temperature
19) fourth, make cream puffs ready – whip sweet cream by mixer until hard
20) cut partly a pastry shell with the knife, then place inside about a tablespoon of vanilla custard
21) place a tablespoon of whipped cream over vanilla custard
22) press gently the top of the shell to fix the filling, then sprinkle over some caster sugar to taste
23) continue identically with the rest of the ingredients
24) place the French choux a la creme in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving (recommended)
This French choux a la creme recipe is one of the most popular vanilla cake recipes in many countries, including France.
There are available a lot of cake recipes with vanilla custard, but this authentic recipe is worth any effort because its taste is really magic!
Even if making cream puffs takes some time, the final result is worth the effort – the cake is extremely delicious and will like to all! Enjoy it!
Anyone who wants to make eclairs with vanilla custard can use exactly the same recipe, the difference is that the dough is baked in the form of a stick, and on top is not sprinkled powdered sugar but poured chocolate cream icing! Enjoy it!
More information about French choux a la creme are available here.