Easy mushroom and pasta recipe to cook penne pasta with simple and tasty ingredients like fresh mushrooms and sour cream.
Learn in this video how to make mushroom pasta from scratch and enjoy a quick and simple creamy mushroom pasta recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade food recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com! ENJOY IT! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 500 g/18 oz of fresh mushrooms
2) fresh chives or spring onion to taste (I use about 25 g/0.9 oz)
3) fresh greenery (dill, tarragon, parsley, sage) to taste (I use about 25 g/0.9 oz)
4) a few garlic cloves to taste (2-4 pieces)
5) 100 g/3.5 oz /serving of penne pasta or another type of pasta (you can prepare about 4-6 servings)
6) 1-2 tbsp of sunflower oil
7) 300 g/10 oz of sour cream
8) salt and ground black pepper
9) 50 – 100 g/1.75 – 3.5 oz of cheese (Parmesan, Cheddar)
1) rinse and cut fresh mushrooms into larger chunks (you don’t need to cut them if you are going to use smaller mushrooms)
2) chop chives or spring onion
3) chop greenery
4) chop or crush garlic cloves
5) boil pasta as instructed on the package
6) fry mushrooms in a skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of sunflower oil over high temperature
7) wait until water eliminated by mushrooms is low, then add chopped garlic to the skillet and fry ingredients 1-2 minutes more
8) pour sour cream in the skillet, reduce temperature, mix, then season mushroom sauce with salt and ground black pepper to taste
9) sprinkle chopped chives and greenery over the creamy mushroom sauce, mix, and simmer food for about 30 seconds
10) drain water from pasta off when it’s boiled partly (al dente)
11) add penne pasta to the skillet, combine ingredients, and simmer mushroom pasta for about 2 minutes over a very low temperature
12) grate cheese over food
13) add 1-2 ladles of water in which boiled pasta over mushroom pasta, place lid on the skillet, and simmer food for about 1 minute over a very low temperature
14) stop the fire and wait about 5 minutes to absorb cream into pasta, then serve the dish while it’s still hot
15) sprinkle some grated cheese over the creamy mushroom pasta and wait about 1 minute before eating to melt the cheese
16) sprinkle over food some chopped greenery (optional)
Mushroom pasta is a very popular food recipe in many parts of the world. Therefore, there are available lots of mushrooms and pasta recipes.
Some pasta and mushroom recipes are very simple and include only several basic ingredients. The recipe presented on this page is one of them.
This creamy pasta with mushroom, garlic, and greenery is very easy to make, it requires few ingredients and a short cooking time.
Despite its simplicity, the dish is very tasty and it’s liked by all people.
Most frequently, I use fresh Champignon or Portobello mushrooms when cooking this recipe. However, you could use other fresh mushroom types such as shiitake mushrooms, button mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, and so on.
If you don’t have fresh mushrooms at hand, you might use canned mushrooms as well. The only difference is that you need frying less the canned mushroom because it doesn’t contain so much water as the fresh mushroom varieties.
The best drink to match this pasta and mushroom recipe is white wine.
Enjoy this creamy mushroom and pasta recipe!
A list of pasta dishes is available here.