Vanilla slice recipes – how to make French vanilla slice with whipped cream. Easy cremeschnitte recipe to prepare a vanilla slice at home with simple and tasty ingredients like whipped cream and vanilla custard.
Learn in this video how to make cremeschnitte at home from scratch by using a yummy and easy French vanilla slice recipe!
SUPER YUMMY homemade cake recipe by www.homemaderecipesfromscratch.com!
We are sorry that this recipe or article was not useful for you!
Let us improve this recipe or article!
Tell us how we can improve this recipe or article?
1) 4 eggs
2) 10 tbsp of granulated sugar
3) 5 tbsp of semolina
4) 5 tbsp of all-purpose flour
5) 100 ml / 3.5 oz + 1.4 l / 47.5 fl oz of cold cow milk
6) 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
7) 20 g / 0.7 oz of cake gelatin
8) 3 pastry sheets of 40×20 cm / 15×7.5 inches (about 600 g / 21 oz), bought or homemade
9) 300 ml / 10 fl oz of cream
10) powdered sugar for garnishing
1) separate eggs into yolks and whites and place them into different bowls
2) add sugar over egg yolks and stir until sugar is completely dissolved
3) add semolina, flour, and 100 ml / 3.5 fl oz of milk into the bowl and mix again
4) bring to boil the rest of milk, then add to the pot the previously prepared mixture and mix continuously until the custard thickens
5) add vanilla extract to the custard, mix thoroughly to combine ingredients, then wait to cool about 10-15 minutes
6) meanwhile, add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whip them by mixer until hard
7) add gradually egg white to the custard while stirring gently ingredients by hand to incorporate air
8) dissolve gelatin according to instructions on the package, then add it to the custard and mix again
9) cover vanilla cream with foil to avoid forming crust, then wait to cool to room temperature
10) coat a tray with foil, then place over it a pastry sheet
11) spread vanilla custard over the sheet into a layer
12) bend foil over the cream and tighten it in the middle, then place the tray in the fridge until the cream hardens firmly (about 2-3 hours)
13) in the meantime, whip cream until hard
14) take out the tray from the fridge and open foil from vanilla custard layer
15) break by hand a pastry sheet into smaller pieces and place them over vanilla custard to cover it all over, press gently by hand to fix pastry in the cream
16) spread whipped cream over the pastry layer
17) break the last pastry sheet into small pieces and make a layer over whipped cream
18) cover the cake again with foil, tighten it, then place the tray in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to harden well both the custard and whipped cream before slicing the cake up
19) take the French vanilla slice out from the fridge, sprinkle over it powdered sugar abundantly, and cut pieces of the desired size
There are different versions of vanilla custard slice. All are similar to the authentic French mille-feuille recipe but are customized according to the local preferences.
In German-speaking countries, Eastern Europe and Balkans this cake type is called cremeschnitte.
Vanilla slice recipe presented on this page is very popular in Canada and especially in the French-speaking part of the country.
Preparing a vanilla custard slice cake is very easy, especially when using bought pastry sheets and you don’t have to waste time by making them at home.
Vanilla slice recipe is very versatile because requires few ingredients and involves easy procedure. Furthermore, it can be used to make other homemade cakes, so would be very useful to learn this easy vanilla slice recipe.
Enjoy French vanilla slice with whipped cream!
Read more about vanilla slice recipes and mille-feuille types here.