📖 Table of Contents
Cooking Roast Potatoes in the Oven at Home: Oven-Roasted Potatoes Recipe
My roast potatoes in the oven recipe is one of the most delicious crispy oven-roasted potatoes you’ve ever cooked!
➡️ Have you ever looked for a very simple and quick recipe for crispy oven-roasted potatoes? On this page, you’ll find a recipe of this kind that helps you make healthy roasted potatoes in the oven very quickly and, in addition, extremely tasty!
➡️ Cooking oven-roasted potatoes is a great way to add flavor, nutrients, and lots of healthy carbohydrates to your diet. Most simple yet delicious roast potatoes recipes take just a short time until the dinner is ready and will make your family feel full and impressed by your cooking skills.
➡️ In addition to the fact that it takes a little time until they are ready, cooking roast potatoes in the oven in the way shared by me is very simple even by the standards of a beginner home chef, so you have no reason not to try the recipe as soon as possible. Learn below how to cook the best roast potatoes recipe for crispy roasted potatoes in the oven! 👌
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Stay informed with our newsletter! Sign up to receive updates on new recipes and culinary articles. Plus, after subscription, you get a FREE sample of the cookbook “10 Common Mistakes Anyone Can Make In The Kitchen” (download link provided in the Welcome email.)
How to Cook Crispy Oven-Roasted Potatoes from Scratch
What ingredients do you need for the crispy oven-roasted potatoes? (6 servings)
1) 1 kg/35 oz of potatoes (red potatoes are recommended, still any potato type can be used)
2) 50 ml/17 fl oz of olive oil
3) some salt to taste
How to make oven-roasted potatoes from scratch in 7 steps?
step 1: peel and cut potatoes into half-finger slices
step 2: place potato slices on a baking paper-lined tray into a layer
step 3: brush all potato slices with olive oil on top
step 4: season potatoes with some salt to taste
step 5: place the tray in the oven at 270 Celsius degrees or 520 Fahrenheit degrees and roast potatoes until golden on the bottom side, this takes usually about 20 minutes
step 6: flip potato slices and roast them until evenly golden, this takes usually about 10 minutes
step 7: place the crispy oven-roasted potatoes into a heat-proof dish when golden
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Final Notes for the Roast Potatoes Recipe in the Oven
- most often, I cook this oven-roasted potatoes recipe with red potatoes because they contain more water than white potatoes and water helps soften potatoes while roasting in the oven; however, you can use any potato type with great results
- pay close attention to cutting potatoes because the thickness of the slices has an important role in preparing this recipe (too thick slices remain hard inside, and too thin ones will dry excessively)
- olive oil can be replaced with butter at room temperature
- to cook garlic potatoes in the oven, you can sprinkle a little garlic powder over the potatoes after you have brushed them with oil or soft butter
- to cook rosemary potatoes, you can sprinkle a little dried rosemary over the potatoes after you have brushed them with oil or soft butter
- don’t leave the potatoes too much in the oven because they will burn and the resulting crust is bitter, keep in mind that the indicated frying times are relative and depend on the oven
- don’t cover the potatoes in the bowl in which you keep them until serving because the steam will soften them and they will no longer have a crunchy texture
- as much as possible, serve the crispy oven-roasted potatoes with a sauce or a dressing based on yogurt or sour cream
➡️ Enjoy cooking oven-roasted potatoes from scratch! For additional info, read more on baked potato.
Related Oven-Roasted Potatoes Recipes and Culinary Articles
📖 Cooking article by