Learn in this cooking video how to make crustless quiche using a yummy and easy breakfast quiche recipe from scratch!
SUPER YUMMY homemade puff pastry quiche recipe by www.HomemadeRecipesfromScratch.com! ENJOY crustless quiche! 👌
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1) 200 g/7 oz of smoked sausage
2) 75 g/3 oz of red onions
3) 400 g/14 oz of puff pastry
4) 75 g/3 oz of olive paste or seedless olives
5) 1/2 tsp of dried basil
6) 1/2 tsp of dried oregano or marjoram
7) salt and ground black pepper to taste
8) 6 eggs
9) some aromatic plant to taste (parsley, coriander, dill, basil, oregano)
1) slice sausage into very thin rounds
2) peel red onion off and slice it into very thin wedges
3) slice seedless olives into very thin rounds if used
4) coat a large tray with baking paper
5) place puff pastry sheet on the tray
6) put olive paste over puff pastry and spread it all over or place olive rounds into a layer
7) place onion wedges into a layer over the olive paste
8) sprinkle dried basil and oregano all over (you can replace them with fresh leaves if you have them at hand)
9) sprinkle salt and ground black pepper to taste
10) place sausage rounds into rows for a better look and easier cutting up
11) place the tray in the preheated oven at 180 C/360 F for about 10 minutes or until the sausage is slightly browned
12) in the meantime, break eggs and beat them by a fork (use 4 or 6 eggs, depending on their size and the egg layer thickness you want to get)
13) take the tray out from the oven and spread beaten eggs all over
14) place the tray back in the oven and wait until the egg is hard and golden (about 15-20 minute)
15) meanwhile, chop some aromatic plants
16) take the tray out from the oven and sprinkle some aromatic herbs all over
17) wait 5-10 minutes before slicing up and serving this delicious breakfast quiche to harden the filling well (recommended)
There are many breakfast ideas available on the internet, but how many of you would think to serve a hot quiche at the first meal of the day?
For those of you who don’t know already what is a quiche, it is a typical French pie prepared with pastry and various fillings. The most popular quiche recipe is quiche lorraine, but in France are many other authentic quiche recipes.
This crustless quiche recipe is based on a such traditional French pie but modified by me to turn into an easy quiche recipe that enables you to enjoy a sausage breakfast in another way.
Needless to say, this easy quiche recipe will help you to make a quick snack that you can prepare as many times as you need to make a cold or hot appetizer.
The sausage that I use in this recipe is a Kielbasa type, but you can use any other sausage type that you like. However, I recommend using a half-raw sausage sort because it will roast during cooking in the oven and could turn into too crunchy pieces.
Regarding olive paste, this is typical for southern France and, actually, for the entire Mediterranean region. It gives a special flavor to this puff pastry pie type, but if you don’t have it at hand, you can replace it with seedless olives that you have to cut into very thin rounds, just like the onion.
As I already mentioned, you can serve this breakfast quiche in the morning, as a snack in the afternoon, or as an appetizer or finger food any time you want.
Enjoy crustless quiche with sausage and egg!
You can read more about quiche types here!